McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum Members

Myself and another member have setup WebEx presentation and conference call to discuss the creation of the National McLaren owners club.

We will be “meeting” on Wednesday, November 4th, at 5:00pm PST so we can make it work for all the time zones. To be part of this meeting please send an email to [email protected] and the information on how to connect to the webex session and conference call will be forwarded to you the week of the meeting.

We will be discussing the topics below to gain further input into creating the club. Nothing is set in stone so this is your time to chime in.

How many are interested in a national club being made?

Finding out those who are willing to help run the club?

• Objection to being a 501c3 not for profit club (standard for being a club)
Which state should the club be registered to? Wyoming, other?

What would the official club name be?

• Current working title is McLaren Owners Car Club of the Americas (MOCCA)
  • McLaren Car Club Americas alternate
Possible future benefits of being a member of the club.

• 10% off service and parts at McLaren Dealers (That are participating)
  • 10-15% off performance parts from supporting businesses (currently in negotiations with 3)
  • Quarterly E-news letter with articles on trips, upgrades, service issues, and other McLaren related stories
  • Member support network on DIY, fixes to issues, customer care advocate to Corporate
  • Discounted track day with approved groups
Possible club member benefits to explore

• Discounted avis car rentals
  • Discounted room with XX hotel chain
  • Life style products, Oakley, Burlington watches, other?
What should the club offer members for the price?

• Tshirt?
  • Member car?
  • Decal?
  • Other?
Activities the club will do

• Regional events where there is enough members to meet for activities
  • Track days
  • Dealer parties for F1 viewing
  • Social events to hand out and car talk
  • Road tours
  • National event that takes place every two years
  • F1 trips to Austin and / or Canada
  • Other
Club Officers

• Discuss who will be the founding officer of the club?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Very cool. I'll definitely be joining. I would offer some kind of assistance but I'm only home/have reliable internet access 5 months a year. I know the New Port Beach dealer is very proactive with taking great care of their customers, putting on events, etc. I've been receiving their newsletter for about 10 months or so.

It's my opinion that the club center should be in an area of high veh ownership/supporting dealer network. I'm thinking So Cal or Philly. Package for joining would be a nice McLaren shirt, decal for the car, and a name tag for people to wear at events.

Considering I live in Vegas, I would offer to help set up whatever I could when I am in the states.

Reactions: m3dragon

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
spdrcrj, Added your notes to mine so we can discuss them on the call.

We have a lot of stuff to discuss so that we try to make as many owners happy about the club as we can. Like with all things we will not please everyone.

This is exciting as most makes already have clubs and we get to be the ones to build it this time. So keep that in mind as we have work ahead of us.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
I've made this thread sticky for now. There were quite a few positive responses to the idea of the club from the poll we had up, so I do hope we can get a good turn out to the WebEx. If you guys do have any questions that you'd rather not post, certainly let either Adam (m3dragon) or I (nh4) know via PM.

-Jamie.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
I will try my best to be on the call and webex.

Dream
Excellent. Please be sure to get in touch with either Adam or I so we can send you the WebEx info once we have the meeting together as we won't be posting the link publicly.

-Jamie

·
Sponsor
936 Posts
Excellent. Please be sure to get in touch with either Adam or I so we can send you the WebEx info once we have the meeting together as we won't be posting the link publicly.

-Jamie

Adam is a really dedicated and cool guy. I have his cell.

Thanks

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Club could also pool/organize group purchases for discounts on things we're interested in.
As a club we could use our numbers to get bigger discounts on things for the cars / lifestyle is the goal. Right now I have 2 companies that said they support the club with 10-15% off performance parts like down pipes, wheels and related items.

So in a long winded answer yes, as long as we can find a way to keep owners active in the club to make such things work.

Remember to be part of the meeting please send an email to [email protected] so how to join the call can be sent to you the week ok.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
All the forums?

NH4 is a admin. Maybe use the email system to email all registered members vs trying to just do it as a post?

Ideas?
NH4 is just a mod, not an admin. :D I'm not sure of all the distinctions, but access to everyone's e-mail addresses is certainly something I don't have.

I think maybe put another post in the threads you created in the various sections to get attention to this thread. If you bump the threads in the 12c, 650s, and P1 folders you'll get most everyone.

-Jamie.

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,231 Posts
Oh excuse me, Mod not admin HAHA

Can you maybe email the Admin? I know we get emails from MC Life. That would be a fast way to get all registered members in the know.

NM got it
Yea, I think it was ok as a one off Dragon, to get everyone to know. But mission accomplished. :D Moving forward, maybe just keep it in the Lounge. I think most folks see that.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
As I
a) Don't own a McLaren and
b) don't live in the Americas
I'm guessing I'm not your target audience.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As I
a) Don't own a McLaren and
b) don't live in the Americas
I'm guessing I'm not your target audience.
I guess that depends. I have not looked so see if their was a McLaren car club that was outside the North America. I assume there is at least one in the UK?

We can expand this to be national and international. I am not opposed but someone in the respective countries would need to spear head efforts there.

So long winded answer, call could be for you if you are looking to make a national / multi country McLaren Club.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts