McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Philly Mac sent me flyer/invitation to go to the 2013 US Grand Prix in Austin TX. The McLaren Suite is at turn 1.

Anyone planning on going? Anyone do it before? Was it a good time/worth it?

·
Professional Bum
252 Posts
I'll be there - but in a different suite. I'm hoping to visit the Mac suite - I have to walk by it on the way to mine.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am sure the suites are nice to hang out in, but I don't get why anyone would want to watch from there. You can't see anything but the front straight, right?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I stayed in the McLaren suite at turn 1 last year. It was a pretty good viewpoint and you can see a lot of track. The suite last year was a temp facility. McLaren did a good job with the hospitality, but it pales in comparison to their paddock suite (stayed there for Button's win in Canada 2011)

Personally, I wouldn't go to the race if I didn't have access to the television feed. Upstairs at the McLaren suite last year didn't have the television feed, if I recall correctly, though FanVision covered that. The enclosed suite downstairs had video feed. This year there is no FanVision. So hopefully the suites are upgraded at turn 1. ...Formula one races without FanVision is a bit of a bummer. I'm disappointed they couldn't work out that contract.

This year I'm going with McLaren Newport Beach as they have a suite on the straight. Should have plentiful monitors and you get the pit walks with that as well.

...wish the season wasn't going to be over by then, though..

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would like to go ... How do you get access to the McLaren Suite ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I attended the McLaren Automotive US suite last year. We had a really good time. The view of the track was good, we could see the front straight, as well as turns 1 and 2. Food and beverage service was good, and the gifts were nice. All in all the team at McLaren US helped make the weekend a great experience.

After speaking with several participants from last year, we found that everyone had a good time, but most wanted to be down in the Paddock Club above pit lane where all the action is. This year McLaren Newport Beach has secured an indoor/outdoor suite above the pits in Paddock Club. Tickets are available to anyone and everyone that would like to attend for the race weekend until we sell out. We have limited the amount of tickets available so that the suite does not become over-crowded. Details can be found on our website at www.mclarennb.com or feel free to call our showroom at 949-574-5200 with any questions.

Hope to see you guys out there!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Abrites, my dealer sent me an invite bi think if you ping your dealer, they'll send you a flyer.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'll ping my dealer and agree no FanVision is crappy. But I'll probably just tough it out at T12 like last year. You can see the exit of 1, 5-8, 12-15 and entry into 16. Hamilton overtook right in front of me for the win last year. If I am going to the race live I am going to watch with my eyes, not a video screen. Otherwise cheaper and easier to stay home and watch TV.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'll ping my dealer and agree no FanVision is crappy. But I'll probably just tough it out at T12 like last year. You can see the exit of 1, 5-8, 12-15 and entry into 16. Hamilton overtook right in front of me for the win last year. If I am going to the race live I am going to watch with my eyes, not a video screen. Otherwise cheaper and easier to stay home and watch TV.
Definitely good to watch with your eyes! :).

I suppose I'm a little different than most race goers. I like to watch live and listen to the broadcast so I can turn to see the action on the video feed if something is happening elsewhere on the track. Seems like you miss a lot of the race otherwise. The stats views for FanVision were pretty awesome as well.

In any event, it's probably worth going just to hear what might be the last of the naturally aspirated engines in F1... If they don't make a return again.

·
Professional Bum
252 Posts
In any event, it's probably worth going just to hear what might be the last of the naturally aspirated engines in F1... If they don't make a return again.
It seems only a matter of time until F1 engines are going to be made by Cox (.049cc) and produce 1500hp... The technology is simply amazing.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
I will be in the suite at turn 18 under the tower with access to the turn 1 owners suites...I think that will get us into the McLaren suite row area. Will visit if that is the case :)

Is anyone up for a parade of 12C's and a drive out to the twisted sisters for some fun?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts