McLaren Life banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a few owners from Australia on here and from my research I noticed Trivett are responsible for distribution. Moving to the land down under soon and only see a few used 650S vehicles available.

Interested to know what your dealer / service experiences are in Australia and anything that Oz does differently in terms of the cars / service / after sales from ROW (aside from the luxury car tax).

Appreciate the responses.

If MHH responds, very nice collection sir.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So from my experience in NSW it's Trivett but in Victoria / Melbourne it's Zagame as far as I know that runs McLaren there. I visited their dealership lately and it's pretty nice.

Not sure if there are any other options in Sydney / NSW

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Sorry, just saw this... I am in WA... the arse end of the earth for cars, despite the wealth here

I am using a racing car shop as my proposed "service dealer".... and am doing some stuff myself

There are a LOT of cars for sale given the dearth of real buyers in Australia... I could have bought 8 or 9 675LT

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm in Syd I find Trivett service awesome. But am worried for when warranty runs out next year and need to start paying for repairs myself.

Sourcing parts is the main prob as far I can see. With the AMG and R8 I could just order most things from the US and have my Mechanic work on them. Can't find any Mac parts anywhere on the web. Except brakes. Kind of...

·
Registered
530 Posts
@Bogan69 do you know if we can get extended warranty here? Thinking of a 570S, but also possibly a 650S if extended warranty isn't too pricey...
A question I have been thinking about as well. Not looked into. But, wasn't offered or mentioned when I bought it. Wasn't thinking about it either.
Going to give Trivett a call and ask. I will have probs as have lowered it and now non-stock because of it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bump. How has everyone's experience been with McLaren ownership within Australia?

Considering a McLaren, but have heard customer service isn't that good in the USA and I would assume it would be even worse in Australia in terms of getting parts and fixing issues.

·
Registered
430 Posts
On my 3rd Mac and dealt with both Trivett in the early days and now Zagame. Both offered very good service albeit always under warranty. No experience yet out of warranty.

Reactions: E-E
1 - 10 of 10 Posts