McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
McLaren is apparently responding with a new sports car based on the MP4-12C that will rival the Ferrari 458 Speciale.

650 hp lots of carbon special livery roof scoop.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
lets just say the car being shown at Geneva is not an updated 12c,the 12c as it stands will still be available,i'm not going to P$$s people off by doing a citylad and say fact,but it comes from a source lower than Ron Dennis :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your story here seems to be mixing a bit of this

http://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/mclaren-mp4-12c/6945-anyone-know-what-mclaren-planning-geneva.html

With a bit of that:

http://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/mclaren-mp4-12c/5370-special-mso-12c-full-carbon-roof.html

I can assure you with near certainty that the new updated 12C will not feature the carbon fiber roof snorkel seen on this MSO special.

>8^)
ER
Why don't you think Mclaren will have their Speciale version?

Andy there is a lot of profit to be made - Porsche Ferrari Lambo why wouldn't Mclaren go there.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doug ,Eric only said it won't have a roof snorkel as standard,you can have one through MSO though :cool:
I heard which means nothing and apologies for the pic it was the wrong one that there will be a special version and a snorkel is a good start :)

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
lets just say the car being shown at Geneva is not an updated 12c,the 12c as it stands will still be available,i'm not going to P$$s people off by doing a citylad and say fact,but it comes from a source lower than Ron Dennis :cool:

Oh my now I'm so confused. I was assured 100% that it will replace the existing 12C. I do trust Andy above all others, tho. Including Ron! :)

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Quite surprised to hear that really. Blows a hole in the theory of moving the 12C upmarket to make more room for the newbie P13. Anyway, I trust your sources of course and we could never confuse you with pitylad.

Why don't you think Mclaren will have their Speciale version?
My assumption was that the new 12C would fill that role on its own - not that there would be a special version.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
307 Posts
Quite surprised to hear that really. Blows a hole in the theory of moving the 12C upmarket to make more room for the newbie P13. Anyway, I trust your sources of course and we could never confuse you with pitylad.
ER
They need an entrant lower than the current 12C. This simply is where the money is, fighting it out with the R8s and 911s. It's crowded but profitable

·
Registered
8,123 Posts

My assumption was that the new 12C would fill that role on its own - not that there would be a special version.

>8^)
ER
Thinking out loud but perhaps this kinda whT they doing. 12c continues for now . P13 arrives and 12c disappears so there is a bigger gap but a gap commensurate with what we were probably all expecting between p13 and son of (or god of) 12c...

My sources however are worse than a townie... I?e it's just my hypothesis

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Thinking out loud but perhaps this kinda whT they doing. 12c continues for now . P13 arrives and 12c disappears so there is a bigger gap but a gap commensurate with what we were probably all expecting between p13 and son of (or god of) 12c...

My sources however are worse than a townie... I?e it's just my hypothesis
Something like that Mikey,but the standard 12c lives on after Geneva ;)

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Oh my now I'm so confused. I was assured 100% that it will replace the existing 12C. I do trust Andy above all others, tho. Including Ron! :)
Nope - just an upgraded version.

Instead of Ferrari I should have referenced Porsche - GT3 version is more accurate but even more changes.

ll based on what I have been told - could be completely wrong. But at the end of the day it makes the most sense.

Still believe the MP4 is the best buy on the market - it's silly what the competitors are charging and offering in comparison ... just my .02

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I disagree with Andy and Champagne...

But we will see in Geneva :)

Its 12C MY15. Simple as that. There is no need for a "S" or "GT3"

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I disagree with Andy and Champagne...

But we will see in Geneva :)

Its 12C MY15. Simple as that. There is no need for a "S" or "GT3"
You sharing pm's with Citylad again :D

I can't think of an exotic car maker that hasn't milked the end of a model with variants.

Agree we will see :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Lol, no... Maybe there is more than one new car. But I have many reasons to believe the main release is a my15 with 650hp.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Lol, no... Maybe there is more than one new car. But I have many reasons to believe the main release is a my15 with 650hp.
Lets just say that whatever it is,it will be the Quickest A to B car on the planet,that isn't a limited production run ,that I think I can say is pretty much fact :cool:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts