McLaren Life banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sexy spaceship! What colour is that?
Recall Ludus Blue not a fan of the color didnt really pop for me, and I was happy to get back in my 675LT. Like my sports cars raw, and the 720 is just too silky smooth for me, and I never mod my cars. The speed OMG is fast though if that’s your thing.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Not any issues with mine beside occasional electric gremlins ... 720s owned for 18 months now 5000 miles

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Recall Azores Blue not a fan of the color didnt really pop for me, and I was happy to get back in my 675LT. Like my sports cars raw, and the 720 is just too silky smooth for me, and I never mod my cars. The speed OMG is fast though if that’s your thing.
Ludus or Belize Blue ... Azores is a version of orange

·
Registered
318 Posts
I actually sold all my Ferrari’s and Lambos cause my feelings were getting so hurt cause I kept getting the finger.

I sold them and bought a mclaren and it’s done wonders for my self esteem. I even stopped seeing my therapist and no longer have to pay for sex.

Best car ever!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I actually sold all my Ferrari’s and Lambos cause my feelings were getting so hurt cause I kept getting the finger.

I sold them and bought a mclaren and it’s done wonders for my self esteem. I even stopped seeing my therapist and no longer have to pay for sex.

Best car ever!!
So, what do you do with a lack of problems? Life must be so boring and no one to share commonalities with.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I have a 2018 which was delivered new in January 2019... the car has been very reliable unlike my past Ferrari’s... major issues:
1- 1 time cracked guerrilla glass... fixed with new model and never happened again
2- door alignment... easy fix
3- electrical faults that all went away after a software upgrade....
4- cracked turbo hose
5- some random items found during service

thats all... the car has been massively reliable, never broke down... i like the workmanship for a handmade car...

this will be first supercar i will be keeping until 720s replacement is out in 2024 so 7 years of ownership which is 3x longer than i have kept any other supercar... That speaks volumes how I feel about the car and other competing brands.

I will extend my warranty however since replacement 720 wont be out for another 3 years. just in case

Reactions: Vipertestarossa

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have a 2018 which was delivered new in January 2019... the car has been very reliable unlike my past Ferrari’s... major issues:
1- 1 time cracked guerrilla glass... fixed with new model and never happened again
2- door alignment... easy fix
3- electrical faults that all went away after a software upgrade....
4- cracked turbo hose
5- some random items found during service

thats all... the car has been massively reliable, never broke down... i like the workmanship for a handmade car...

this will be first supercar i will be keeping until 720s replacement is out in 2024 so 7 years of ownership which is 3x longer than i have kept any other supercar... That speaks volumes how I feel about the car and other competing brands.

I will extend my warranty however since replacement 720 wont be out for another 3 years. just in case
Passed on the LT and will likely get the replacement as well. 2018 owner here and no plans on getting rid of it anytime soon.

It’s become my “daily beater” supercar.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I bought a 600LT a couple of months ago and so far it's been perfectly reliable. I know it's not a lot of time to get a good gauge, but the car is so spectacular that I will be keeping it for quite a while. The exhaust location, and being able to see flames in the rear view mirror is something very special and unique to me. It's going to be hard to top that. I've decided I don't even care that the 765LT will be faster, I'll be keeping the 600LT until at least the next Super Series is released.

·
Registered
629 Posts

Best car ever!!
hmmmm..... no more fingering and free sex? i need me one of these new fangled jobbies!

·
Registered
292 Posts

Best car ever!!
you and your therapist are a couple?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought mine 6 months ago, 2018 with 10k miles. Have driven another 7K miles since and enjoyed every bit of it.

• Pricing on 720s are a steal right now to buy. If you care so much about the depreciation, exotic car ownership for a daily is not for you.
  • Engine & driveline is super reliable
  • Driving experience is amazing with throttle response, acceleration, lighting quick DCT transmission and unbelievable suspension and handling as is (coming from several modified 911 Turbo S - 800HP / Nismo GTR 1000HP / Gallardo TT 1000HP.) The 720s AS IS stock will run just as quick or quicker than some of my modded cars. It is in my opinion the best exotic car in its class for the money!
Little Issues I had to deal with which is completely normal for 720s: It's been running flawlessly ever since and counting
  • Suspension error = leak in accumulator (TSB Warranty - replaced)
  • Key Fob not found = software update (warranty - fixed)
  • Replaced trans coolant line (TSB Warranty - Recall)
  • Misfire = replace spark plugs & aftermarket ignition coils (because modded made 900whp)
Keep in mind. EVERY car manufacturer have some kind of factory recall and the ones you see on here are peanuts issue compared to what Ive seen in the sports car industry.

This is my experience dealing with a dozen of Mclarens 570S / 650S / 720S personally. Hope this helps....

·
Registered
198 Posts
I was ready to purchase a 720s over Christmas until a friend advised me the 720s was great to drive but broke down all the time. I want this to be my daily driver so I can't have it breaking all the time. I've heard in really bad cases that Mclaren Customer Service was terrible and unresponsive. How reliable has your 720s or other Mclaren's been? Please share your stories. Any advise to buying a good 720s? ..........Please be honest so Mclaren can hopefully reflect upon this
If you want a reliable, sporty daily driver, buy a Porsche. McLarens are terrific cars but they are too unreliable for a daily driver. They make great second or third cars though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Having owned a 570 Spider and now a 720 Spider I can report small minor issues only. Had a broken shock absorber on the front of the 570. I didn’t find it but the dealer did during annual service. The 720 has been flawless and I drive the hell out of it. Negative people have a problem with every solution. If you don’t want the best supercar in the world because you’ve listened to a couple of Negative Nancys.. stick with your Subaru.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Having owned a 570 Spider and now a 720 Spider I can report small minor issues only. Had a broken shock absorber on the front of the 570. I didn’t find it but the dealer did during annual service. The 720 has been flawless and I drive the hell out of it. Negative people have a problem with every solution. If you don’t want the best supercar in the world because you’ve listened to a couple of Negative Nancys.. stick with your Subaru.
My name is Susie, not Nancy

·
Registered
51 Posts
720s electrical gremlins are extremely annoying. Reliability is an obvious reason of Mclaren depreciation. My experience is can be summarized is love and hate. Love the car and hypercar performance, however even after software updates stil reliability is an issue.. And after a huracan which i put hard driven 25k miles and never missed a bit, 720s is just very unreliable. I am selling it for a twin turbo huracan.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is a fair question. First of all, I have a 720s and it’s the most incredible drivers car I’ve ever driven. I’ve had all the rest, Lambo’s, Ferrari’s and Porsche’s gt3. Nothing comes close. By the way I’m a retired racer, so believe me not many cars impress me. This one does. Now all of us who buy these things are truly invested, heck we spent nearly $400k on a car so need to be sure your getting something worthwhile and you need to love the car, I Did. So had all the little annoying electrical gremlins, and none of them ever parked the car, just annoying but tolerable. Then early this year started getting crazy messages, clutch overheating when driving 70 mph on the highway, suspension failure, transmission failure, limp mode etc. in March the car went off the rails, it just went into limp mode, restarted it went 10 miles and back into limp mode. Brought it to the dealer and it’s been there ever since, that’s right March6 it goes in. And they still haven’t figured out what’s wrong with it. I had a 2018 launch edition, huge spec serial number 499, so very early car. Initiated a lawsuit against Mclaren because they wouldn’t honor the lemon law, I bought the car with 3000 miles on it, it died at 14500 miles. My attorney says we’ll have a good outcome under the magnussen moss act, but mclaren is dragging their feet. As much as I love this car, I don’t believe I can take it back or buy a new one. There is a trust you need to have in a car who’s purpose is pure driving experience and that’s lost. It’s With a good dealer, and they are trying really hard to get it fixed, but no support from Mclaren. So it’s been down 4 months now. Previously it’s been in for a total of 3months so in 17 months of ownership, it’s been in the shop 7 months. So beware, if you need a daily driver supercar, get a Porsche gt2 Rs one of the only cars out there that has the same or a little better performance. Want something less pedestrian and more exotic, Lambo Hurrican Performante, not as fast but equally exotic and very dependable. My opinion is the problem starts at the top at Mclaren, there just isn’t a customer centric focus with that company. An example, you buy a Porsche and the dealer offers you a re tune to boost performance, at Mclaren if you come in for service the first thing they do is see if there are any performance mods on the car so they can void the warranty. Not saying they should warrant mods done elsewhere, but gets to an attitude that says to me we are trying to not stand behind the product, even though it’s the most advanced car of its type out there. Best of luck with your purchase, I might be an outlier in terms of my experience and many of us don’t want to admit we made a bad decision, but I think this is happening more than we think. By the way my attorney,
who specializes in lemon law and MM act suits told me they have had lots of cases against Mclaren. Good luck.

·
Registered
198 Posts
This is a fair question. First of all, I have a 720s and it’s the most incredible drivers car I’ve ever driven. I’ve had all the rest, Lambo’s, Ferrari’s and Porsche’s gt3. Nothing comes close. By the way I’m a retired racer, so believe me not many cars impress me. This one does. Now all of us who buy these things are truly invested, heck we spent nearly $400k on a car so need to be sure your getting something worthwhile and you need to love the car, I Did. So had all the little annoying electrical gremlins, and none of them ever parked the car, just annoying but tolerable. Then early this year started getting crazy messages, clutch overheating when driving 70 mph on the highway, suspension failure, transmission failure, limp mode etc. in March the car went off the rails, it just went into limp mode, restarted it went 10 miles and back into limp mode. Brought it to the dealer and it’s been there ever since, that’s right March6 it goes in. And they still haven’t figured out what’s wrong with it. I had a 2018 launch edition, huge spec serial number 499, so very early car. Initiated a lawsuit against Mclaren because they wouldn’t honor the lemon law, I bought the car with 3000 miles on it, it died at 14500 miles. My attorney says we’ll have a good outcome under the magnussen moss act, but mclaren is dragging their feet. As much as I love this car, I don’t believe I can take it back or buy a new one. There is a trust you need to have in a car who’s purpose is pure driving experience and that’s lost. It’s With a good dealer, and they are trying really hard to get it fixed, but no support from Mclaren. So it’s been down 4 months now. Previously it’s been in for a total of 3months so in 17 months of ownership, it’s been in the shop 7 months. So beware, if you need a daily driver supercar, get a Porsche gt2 Rs one of the only cars out there that has the same or a little better performance. Want something less pedestrian and more exotic, Lambo Hurrican Performante, not as fast but equally exotic and very dependable. My opinion is the problem starts at the top at Mclaren, there just isn’t a customer centric focus with that company. An example, you buy a Porsche and the dealer offers you a re tune to boost performance, at Mclaren if you come in for service the first thing they do is see if there are any performance mods on the car so they can void the warranty. Not saying they should warrant mods done elsewhere, but gets to an attitude that says to me we are trying to not stand behind the product, even though it’s the most advanced car of its type out there. Best of luck with your purchase, I might be an outlier in terms of my experience and many of us don’t want to admit we made a bad decision, but I think this is happening more than we think. By the way my attorney,
who specializes in lemon law and MM act suits told me they have had lots of cases against Mclaren. Good luck.
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I agree that the problem with McLaren is management and their lack of focus on QA, QC, reliability and customer experience. Hopefully as part of the Bank of Bahrain’s bailout, the bank will insist on management changes, including throwing out their stupid strategy of “It’s Wednesday. Time for a new model!” Time will tell.
BTW I love my 720s. I’ve had a number of issues with it and it left me stranded in the middle of nowhere when it wouldn’t recognize my key. Just try getting an exotic towed in an area of the country where exotic means a Ford 150 with a modded front grill. My local dealer has been good, I must say, but they went out of business and were acquired by the local Lamborghini/ Rolls Royce dealership. I view that as a step up locally, but that doesn’t change the Woking problem. Good luck with your lawsuit and let this forum know how it comes out.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts