McLaren Life banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
The typical owner on here who is here to learn or share experiences information constantly gets baited by others who have an agenda.... and everyone keeps falling for it.

O.P. has one posting. It could be a teenager sitting in his underwear in his mom's basement and trying to stir up people who own supercars (yes, there are people like this on car forums who get kicks out of doing this type of stuff).

TrustTed; keeps reviving old threads. As far as I am concerned, he is a troll. As if anyone is going to even listen to him.

Poster who said he isn't going to buy a mclaren.... has 2 postings. Comical stuff.

People who do these types of postings are a special breed of person.

Salamondrin did a video four years ago; 5 reasons not to buy a mclaren and its a big hit with the massess. Since then, Mclaren has sold about 14K new cars, he, himself has bought 4 mclarens, his senna goes up in flames, he goes into a social media frenzy and interfering everywhere he can..... now he is looking to buy another senna or p1....... and then you have knuckleheads on here with little credibility who actually think they are influencing people.

It's very sad what car forums have become.
very true

·
Registered
81 Posts
The typical owner on here who is here to learn or share experiences information constantly gets baited by others who have an agenda.... and everyone keeps falling for it.

O.P. has one posting. It could be a teenager sitting in his underwear in his mom's basement and trying to stir up people who own supercars (yes, there are people like this on car forums who get kicks out of doing this type of stuff).

TrustTed; keeps reviving old threads. As far as I am concerned, he is a troll. As if anyone is going to even listen to him.

Poster who said he isn't going to buy a mclaren.... has 2 postings. Comical stuff.

People who do these types of postings are a special breed of person.

Salamondrin did a video four years ago; 5 reasons not to buy a mclaren and its a big hit with the massess. Since then, Mclaren has sold about 14K new cars, he, himself has bought 4 mclarens, his senna goes up in flames, he goes into a social media frenzy and interfering everywhere he can..... now he is looking to buy another senna or p1....... and then you have knuckleheads on here with little credibility who actually think they are influencing people.

It's very sad what car forums have become.
I am a troll? I owned the 720s. You think I posted pics of someone elses car? Why doesn't anyone claim it then? I dumped the 720s, I'm sorry my truthful experience hurts some of your feelings and resale value. You guys who deny my actual experience are easily bothered by some truth. I have to say of all the exotics the McLaren experience has been the worse right after Ferrari. I think ignorance is a special breed of idiocy. Keep living in your shell if you can't have standards for yourself.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I became interested in McLaren through a friend. He has/had 720S coupe (sold) 720S spider, 600 LT Senna, 570 GT4. He tracks them all and had no problems.
I find all the negativity disheartening but it won't stop me from getting a car.
Good luck and I really hope you the best. Please report back when you get one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What I have found is that there are a few fanbois who don't want anyone to share ANY negative experience with the brand, and then they go and bash the person who shared the experience.
unmac is the king of doing this, and has done it on several occasions to me when I was just sharing my personal experiences.
He uses tactics like "user error" for the key fob, when we all know its not, and McLaren has tried several attempts to fix it. He implies the commenter is a liar without saying so outright. He brings up numbers and stats to make it seem that Macs or more or less reliable than other cars (as if it f'ing matters, the bar for a high end car is white glove treatment and a superlative experience).
I have seen it from him and he is the real troll. It makes the experience on the forums ugly and unhelpful.
I personally love my 720s, with its problems. I find it VERY useful to hear about all the problems people are having so I can watch out for them myself and hopefully catch something early before it becomes a serious issue.

Thank you for sharing your experiences, and I hope other owners and forum members continue to share both the positive and the negative while having a thick skin against trolls like unmac.

I am a troll? I owned the 720s. You think I posted pics of someone elses car? Why doesn't anyone claim it then? I dumped the 720s, I'm sorry my truthful experience hurts some of your feelings and resale value. You guys who deny my actual experience are easily bothered by some truth. I have to say of all the exotics the McLaren experience has been the worse right after Ferrari. I think ignorance is a special breed of idiocy. Keep living in your shell if you can't have standards for yourself.

·
Registered
558 Posts
And the trolling continues. Mac forums hardly have representative owners. I know that you are only here for one purpose. I knew it was useless to point out data (NHTSA.gov recalls, manufacutre communications, the numbers of cars sold, repeat buyers, complaint process, etc). I know you know all of this but ignored it because you want to do what you want to do on these forums.

Now; you have watermarked your pictures with your company name. You seem to be very customer focused to your clients and seem to be VERY SENSITIVE to any criticism of your company services. You are quick to say that it is a fake review...

Since you seem to be savvy with social media and your own business then what would it lead one to believe of what your purpose is here? (We already know the answer but if your no longer have the car then maybe move along in life).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well I don’t have a car business and I have owned (and still own) a McLaren or two. I have had similar experiences as TED. Instead of bashing those who have had a less than stellar experience with the cars reliability why not acknowledge they exist and you move along until you have something of value to say?
i don’t know you or TED personally or professionally but your replies on this forum to McLaren owners with reliability issues has been nothing less than insulting. Time for you to find something new to do maybe?
Be a part of the solution, not the problem...

And the trolling continues. Mac forums hardly have representative owners. I know that you are only here for one purpose. I knew it was useless to point out data (NHTSA.gov recalls, manufacutre communications, the numbers of cars sold, repeat buyers, complaint process, etc). I know you know all of this but ignored it because you want to do what you want to do on these forums.

Now; you have watermarked your pictures with your company name. You seem to be very customer focused to your clients and seem to be VERY SENSITIVE to any criticism of your company services. You are quick to say that it is a fake review...

Since you seem to be savvy with social media and your own business then what would it lead one to believe of what your purpose is here? (We already know the answer but if your no longer have the car then maybe move along in life).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well I don’t have a car business and I have owned (and still own) a McLaren or two. I have had similar experiences as TED. Instead of bashing those who have had a less than stellar experience with the cars reliability why not acknowledge they exist and you move along until you have something of value to say?
i don’t know you or TED personally or professionally but your replies on this forum to McLaren owners with reliability issues has been nothing less than insulting. Time for you to find something new to do maybe?
Be a part of the solution, not the problem...
Agreed, if you truly love this brand the problems need to be exposed and solved. Lying to yourself as if the brand is perfect and bashing buyers will continue the quality problems McLaren has. On point and I agree!!

·
Registered
81 Posts

I didn't try to sell anyone anything during my ownership here. Go look at all my posts. Unless someone asked me something then I would have answered. 720s is .0001% of my business. I actually care more about Tesla's than I do trying to get exotic car business. You can visit the business page and figure that out yourself.

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Mac forums hardly have representative owners.
Seriously then, mate, why do you even give a toss. You keep typing that like a broken record, you have to realize it's then hypocritical to jump all over anybody that isn't 100% satisfied with their Mac experience. Let them voice their concerns if it is all so irrelevant anyway.

I happen to think you are right about one thing - there's jack shite that anybody says here that affect's McLaren Automotive's success. This forum is but a sub-culture of a sub-culture. Mac (or rather their reputation) will live and die by the actions they and they themselves take.

I spent my first 5000 posts here defending the company against all comers since 2011. That's when there really WERE trolls from fchat every week coming and saying all sorts of nonsense to protect their V8 trade-back routine. Since then all I have learned is that it was completely futile. Mac is solely responsible for anything that is said about them and only they can affect the discourse. Namely by getting their act together.

It's stupid to defend a company anyway. It's not an individual or even a group of individuals. It's an intangible construct invented to create new ways of economic trade. You may as well hang out on a physics forum and lash out at non-believers of Newton's first law.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts