McLaren Life banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
The typical owner on here who is here to learn or share experiences information constantly gets baited by others who have an agenda.... and everyone keeps falling for it.

O.P. has one posting. It could be a teenager sitting in his underwear in his mom's basement and trying to stir up people who own supercars (yes, there are people like this on car forums who get kicks out of doing this type of stuff).

TrustTed; keeps reviving old threads. As far as I am concerned, he is a troll. As if anyone is going to even listen to him.

Poster who said he isn't going to buy a mclaren.... has 2 postings. Comical stuff.

People who do these types of postings are a special breed of person.

Salamondrin did a video four years ago; 5 reasons not to buy a mclaren and its a big hit with the massess. Since then, Mclaren has sold about 14K new cars, he, himself has bought 4 mclarens, his senna goes up in flames, he goes into a social media frenzy and interfering everywhere he can..... now he is looking to buy another senna or p1....... and then you have knuckleheads on here with little credibility who actually think they are influencing people.

It's very sad what car forums have become.
very true

·
Banned
90 Posts
The typical owner on here who is here to learn or share experiences information constantly gets baited by others who have an agenda.... and everyone keeps falling for it.

O.P. has one posting. It could be a teenager sitting in his underwear in his mom's basement and trying to stir up people who own supercars (yes, there are people like this on car forums who get kicks out of doing this type of stuff).

TrustTed; keeps reviving old threads. As far as I am concerned, he is a troll. As if anyone is going to even listen to him.

Poster who said he isn't going to buy a mclaren.... has 2 postings. Comical stuff.

People who do these types of postings are a special breed of person.

Salamondrin did a video four years ago; 5 reasons not to buy a mclaren and its a big hit with the massess. Since then, Mclaren has sold about 14K new cars, he, himself has bought 4 mclarens, his senna goes up in flames, he goes into a social media frenzy and interfering everywhere he can..... now he is looking to buy another senna or p1....... and then you have knuckleheads on here with little credibility who actually think they are influencing people.

It's very sad what car forums have become.
I am a troll? I owned the 720s. You think I posted pics of someone elses car? Why doesn't anyone claim it then? I dumped the 720s, I'm sorry my truthful experience hurts some of your feelings and resale value. You guys who deny my actual experience are easily bothered by some truth. I have to say of all the exotics the McLaren experience has been the worse right after Ferrari. I think ignorance is a special breed of idiocy. Keep living in your shell if you can't have standards for yourself.

·
Banned
90 Posts
I became interested in McLaren through a friend. He has/had 720S coupe (sold) 720S spider, 600 LT Senna, 570 GT4. He tracks them all and had no problems.
I find all the negativity disheartening but it won't stop me from getting a car.
Good luck and I really hope you the best. Please report back when you get one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What I have found is that there are a few fanbois who don't want anyone to share ANY negative experience with the brand, and then they go and bash the person who shared the experience.
unmac is the king of doing this, and has done it on several occasions to me when I was just sharing my personal experiences.
He uses tactics like "user error" for the key fob, when we all know its not, and McLaren has tried several attempts to fix it. He implies the commenter is a liar without saying so outright. He brings up numbers and stats to make it seem that Macs or more or less reliable than other cars (as if it f'ing matters, the bar for a high end car is white glove treatment and a superlative experience).
I have seen it from him and he is the real troll. It makes the experience on the forums ugly and unhelpful.
I personally love my 720s, with its problems. I find it VERY useful to hear about all the problems people are having so I can watch out for them myself and hopefully catch something early before it becomes a serious issue.

Thank you for sharing your experiences, and I hope other owners and forum members continue to share both the positive and the negative while having a thick skin against trolls like unmac.

I am a troll? I owned the 720s. You think I posted pics of someone elses car? Why doesn't anyone claim it then? I dumped the 720s, I'm sorry my truthful experience hurts some of your feelings and resale value. You guys who deny my actual experience are easily bothered by some truth. I have to say of all the exotics the McLaren experience has been the worse right after Ferrari. I think ignorance is a special breed of idiocy. Keep living in your shell if you can't have standards for yourself.

·
Registered
641 Posts
And the trolling continues. Mac forums hardly have representative owners. I know that you are only here for one purpose. I knew it was useless to point out data (NHTSA.gov recalls, manufacutre communications, the numbers of cars sold, repeat buyers, complaint process, etc). I know you know all of this but ignored it because you want to do what you want to do on these forums.

Now; you have watermarked your pictures with your company name. You seem to be very customer focused to your clients and seem to be VERY SENSITIVE to any criticism of your company services. You are quick to say that it is a fake review...

Since you seem to be savvy with social media and your own business then what would it lead one to believe of what your purpose is here? (We already know the answer but if your no longer have the car then maybe move along in life).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well I don’t have a car business and I have owned (and still own) a McLaren or two. I have had similar experiences as TED. Instead of bashing those who have had a less than stellar experience with the cars reliability why not acknowledge they exist and you move along until you have something of value to say?
i don’t know you or TED personally or professionally but your replies on this forum to McLaren owners with reliability issues has been nothing less than insulting. Time for you to find something new to do maybe?
Be a part of the solution, not the problem...

And the trolling continues. Mac forums hardly have representative owners. I know that you are only here for one purpose. I knew it was useless to point out data (NHTSA.gov recalls, manufacutre communications, the numbers of cars sold, repeat buyers, complaint process, etc). I know you know all of this but ignored it because you want to do what you want to do on these forums.

Now; you have watermarked your pictures with your company name. You seem to be very customer focused to your clients and seem to be VERY SENSITIVE to any criticism of your company services. You are quick to say that it is a fake review...

Since you seem to be savvy with social media and your own business then what would it lead one to believe of what your purpose is here? (We already know the answer but if your no longer have the car then maybe move along in life).

·
Banned
90 Posts
Well I don’t have a car business and I have owned (and still own) a McLaren or two. I have had similar experiences as TED. Instead of bashing those who have had a less than stellar experience with the cars reliability why not acknowledge they exist and you move along until you have something of value to say?
i don’t know you or TED personally or professionally but your replies on this forum to McLaren owners with reliability issues has been nothing less than insulting. Time for you to find something new to do maybe?
Be a part of the solution, not the problem...
Agreed, if you truly love this brand the problems need to be exposed and solved. Lying to yourself as if the brand is perfect and bashing buyers will continue the quality problems McLaren has. On point and I agree!!

·
Banned
90 Posts

I didn't try to sell anyone anything during my ownership here. Go look at all my posts. Unless someone asked me something then I would have answered. 720s is .0001% of my business. I actually care more about Tesla's than I do trying to get exotic car business. You can visit the business page and figure that out yourself.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Mac forums hardly have representative owners.
Seriously then, mate, why do you even give a toss. You keep typing that like a broken record, you have to realize it's then hypocritical to jump all over anybody that isn't 100% satisfied with their Mac experience. Let them voice their concerns if it is all so irrelevant anyway.

I happen to think you are right about one thing - there's jack shite that anybody says here that affect's McLaren Automotive's success. This forum is but a sub-culture of a sub-culture. Mac (or rather their reputation) will live and die by the actions they and they themselves take.

I spent my first 5000 posts here defending the company against all comers since 2011. That's when there really WERE trolls from fchat every week coming and saying all sorts of nonsense to protect their V8 trade-back routine. Since then all I have learned is that it was completely futile. Mac is solely responsible for anything that is said about them and only they can affect the discourse. Namely by getting their act together.

It's stupid to defend a company anyway. It's not an individual or even a group of individuals. It's an intangible construct invented to create new ways of economic trade. You may as well hang out on a physics forum and lash out at non-believers of Newton's first law.

·
Banned
303 Posts
I'm on my second McLaren. Bought a 2020 600LT Spider in August of last year, and it's been in the shop for 2 months of the 5 months I've owned it, many for the same exact problems over and over.

Out of sympathy from the dealership, they've loaned me a 720S while my 600LT is in the shop and ive had it a week and will have it another 1-2 weeks.

Amazing car to drive. Fast. Cool looking.

Also built like total trash. Weird noises come from everywhere in the door panels, cabin, dash and even when turning at certain angles the steering column expels a weird grinding/whining sound. Glad I didn't buy it!

My first 570S was a great car. Had it's weird quirks but was built much better than my 600.

Amazing after 4 additional years this "new" company had to make better cars, it went backwards. My 600 is a total piece of garbage and whomever "hand built" this car should only have their hands used to wipe their ass and not use it to make a living.

I'm tired of hearing the "McLaren is a new company so this is normal".

Not when a car built 4 years AFTER my last one is built much worse. C'mon!

Yeah I'm not happy. But thanks to California Consumer Laws, McLaren will be held accountable.

I just don't see this company lasting another couple of years.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The above is awful to hear about your 600LT. I will be holding on to my 675LT for now it’s been flawless, and growing pain sucks/not sustainable. See the attached clearly their plan is growth to produce revenue, and losses went from 53M to 21M of so for 2019 which investors will be along for the ride. Will be interesting to see if 2020 hits the black, and 21M in losses is a drop in the bucket so they will be around which is good for the overall car market to push the others to build better and faster which is what’s happening.

·
Banned
303 Posts
Crazy. Well, clearly their ramping in production and growth is resulting in cars not built as well as previous years. I know a couple other multiple McLaren owners who are having issues and won't buy another.

Also thanks for the link, I didn't know McLaren was essentially owned by Middle Eastern companies, 72.4% to be accurate. That's crazy to me and never knew that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Crazy. Well, clearly their ramping in production and growth is resulting in cars not built as well as previous years. I know a couple other multiple McLaren owners who are having issues and won't buy another.

Also thanks for the link, I didn't know McLaren was essentially owned by Middle Eastern companies, 72.4% to be accurate. That's crazy to me and never knew that.
The long term play to clean up manufacturing is to remove human behavior, and more robotics to get consistent processes. When you start producing the number of cars they’re making now vs the past QC becomes the constraint to satisfy demand. I do think that’s why the 675’s were cleaner due to there was lights at the end of the tunnel a specific number, and it’s an extension of the 650 so the work crews become more efficient.

‘The more products you create the line becomes extremely inefficient because people will be people, and the margin of error becomes greater. It’s great to say handmade but, it comes with an expense that that can only be overcome with technology. If they ever get ahold of some Porsche engineers the sky is the limit. Porsche has a engineering consulting company we have used in my business and they’re expensive but good. They upset the locals to try new things, and in the end it’s comes down to removing waste/better quality. That’s the risk being owned by private equity.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
I'm on my second McLaren. Bought a 2020 600LT Spider in August of last year, and it's been in the shop for 2 months of the 5 months I've owned it, many for the same exact problems over and over.

Out of sympathy from the dealership, they've loaned me a 720S while my 600LT is in the shop and ive had it a week and will have it another 1-2 weeks.

Amazing car to drive. Fast. Cool looking.

Also built like total trash. Weird noises come from everywhere in the door panels, cabin, dash and even when turning at certain angles the steering column expels a weird grinding/whining sound. Glad I didn't buy it!

My first 570S was a great car. Had it's weird quirks but was built much better than my 600.

Amazing after 4 additional years this "new" company had to make better cars, it went backwards. My 600 is a total piece of garbage and whomever "hand built" this car should only have their hands used to wipe their ass and not use it to make a living.

I'm tired of hearing the "McLaren is a new company so this is normal".

Not when a car built 4 years AFTER my last one is built much worse. C'mon!

Yeah I'm not happy. But thanks to California Consumer Laws, McLaren will be held accountable.

I just don't see this company lasting another couple of years.
i am annoyed and sorry to that you are having so much trouble with your 600LT. It is important to have a good dealer on your side, which appears to be the case in your situation. My dealer has been great. They towed my 720s away and dropped of a new GT till they sort out the issue of refund or replacement with McLaren. You should try and get a refund or replacement too. Not all of the 600LTs have been a problem. Yours just happens to be a lemon just like my 720s. I share your view that McLaren will not be around for much longer if they can’t get their quality and reliability issues sorted out fast. It is just not acceptable for a car in this price range to be so poorly built, irrespective of how new a company is. Furthermore if they keep ticking us off, they will lose their existing customer base. I just don’t have time for McLaren or their hype in their promo’s about the quality and precision of their cars. I don’t plan on buying another McLaren again once I get my issue with them sorted.

·
Banned
303 Posts
i am annoyed and sorry to that you are having so much trouble with your 600LT. It is important to have a good dealer on your side, which appears to be the case in your situation. My dealer has been great. They towed my 720s away and dropped of a new GT till they sort out the issue of refund or replacement with McLaren. You should try and get a refund or replacement too. Not all of the 600LTs have been a problem. Yours just happens to be a lemon just like my 720s. I share your view that McLaren will not be around for much longer if they can’t get their quality and reliability issues sorted out fast. It is just not acceptable for a car in this price range to be so poorly built, irrespective of how new a company is. Furthermore if they keep ticking us off, they will lose their existing customer base. I just don’t have time for McLaren or their hype in their promo’s about the quality and precision of their cars. I don’t plan on buying another McLaren again once I get my issue with them sorted.
Wow. That is super cool of your dealer to do that as well. The GT looks like an amazing car and I'm sorry to hear of your troubles with your 720.

I think we can both agree that if they were built well, there's truly nothing like them and they are great machines to drive.

I tried to go the refund/replacement route and that didn't work. I was shut down immediately. So I'll just say I've retained some legal help and that should do it.

My friend is also in the process of going the lemon route with his 720S, and another friend with a 600LT has only seen the car for 1 month out of his 3 months of owning it due to being in the service center.

It's such a bummer. But it does seem that McLaren could be growing too fast for their own good. Hopefully they can fix that, but repeat McLaren buyers like myself and a couple of friends will not buy another.. and that's not good for McLaren because I'm sure many others feel the same way.

·
Registered
883 Posts
It's such a bummer. But it does seem that McLaren could be growing too fast for their own good. Hopefully they can fix that, but repeat McLaren buyers like myself and a couple of friends will not buy another.. and that's not good for McLaren because I'm sure many others feel the same way.
im on my 3rd mclaren. And I’m not sure why they can’t get panels aligned. Use better glue and double side tape for trim. Get their electrical system glitch free. Or have better quality control etc. But nothing drives quite like them.
I’m guessing it’s more of their factory workers just don’t care? Because some come out rock solid and others seem to be built by preschoolers....... in the 600lt class what else would you get? 488 or gt3rs. Maybe a huracan evo?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Wow. That is super cool of your dealer to do that as well. The GT looks like an amazing car and I'm sorry to hear of your troubles with your 720.

I think we can both agree that if they were built well, there's truly nothing like them and they are great machines to drive.

I tried to go the refund/replacement route and that didn't work. I was shut down immediately. So I'll just say I've retained some legal help and that should do it.

My friend is also in the process of going the lemon route with his 720S, and another friend with a 600LT has only seen the car for 1 month out of his 3 months of owning it due to being in the service center.

I agree. All the best with sorting out the issues with your car.

·
Banned
303 Posts
im on my 3rd mclaren. And I’m not sure why they can’t get panels aligned. Use better glue and double side tape for trim. Get their electrical system glitch free. Or have better quality control etc. But nothing drives quite like them.
I’m guessing it’s more of their factory workers just don’t care? Because some come out rock solid and others seem to be built by preschoolers....... in the 600lt class what else would you get? 488 or gt3rs. Maybe a huracan evo?
Man my GT3 is light-years ahead as far as build quality goes. It's such a solid car vs any McLaren I've driven. Porsche has it down for sure.

So after all this talk about panel gaps and build quality, I went out and took some pics of this 2019 720S loaner car I have.

Check out this stellar craftsmanship! Amazing how this car is $300K+

Paint chipping, panel gaps, even the right vs left side gaps of the wing is way off. When driving it the car sounds like it has 100k+ miles on it yet there's only 4600 miles on the odometer.

Attachments

·
Registered
883 Posts
Paint chipping, panel gaps, even the right vs left side gaps of the wing is way off. When driving it the car sounds like it has 100k+ miles on it yet there's only 4600 miles on the odometer.
I bet it’s a neglected dealer demo/mclaren fleet car.

it would just take 1enthusiast at every dealer to do an inspection for trim and panel gaps and that would solve the paint rubbing issue and the little irritating things. I’m guessing the guy now just rubber stamps Good on all cars.

I guess in my old age I let the cosmetic stuff go for the driving experience.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Man my GT3 is light-years ahead as far as build quality goes. It's such a solid car vs any McLaren I've driven. Porsche has it down for sure.

So after all this talk about panel gaps and build quality, I went out and took some pics of this 2019 720S loaner car I have.

Check out this stellar craftsmanship! Amazing how this car is $300K+

ouch, I will be keeping my 675 as I see now of that more close for that matter. Yes, my RS is a tank on build inside and out.

81 - 100 of 172 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.