McLaren Life banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks for sharing your photos and thoughtful articles on these cars.

It's interesting how you compare the 2 cars. The LT is definitely the easier one to live with on regular roads, once you get past the doors. ;) The suspension on the RSs are not as compliant and their shorter wheelbases are better suited to typically good German roads than the frequent washboard frost heaves that pass for country roads here.

Other advantages the 675LT Spider have over the RS are the CF tub and the folding hardtop while the NA flat-6 of the RS produces a more entertaining soundtrack.

Our cars have very similar, though not identical spec...

·
Administrator
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for sharing your photos and thoughtful articles on these cars.

It's interesting how you compare the 2 cars. The LT is definitely the easier one to live with on regular roads, once you get past the doors. ;) The suspension on the RSs are not as compliant and their shorter wheelbases are better suited to typically good German roads than the frequent washboard frost heaves that pass for country roads here.

Other advantages the 675LT Spider have over the RS are the CF tub and the folding hardtop while the NA flat-6 of the RS produces a more entertaining soundtrack.

Our cars have very similar, though not identical spec...

View attachment 196102
Wonderful looking LT. Agree on both the tub and soundtrack. Where are you located?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm located in the Toronto area. My local dealer is Pfaff and they were the importing dealer for my car but I actually bought it from an exotic car dealer in Calgary as its original owner lives out West. It's a wonderful car to drive.

Here's another shot, this time from the exotic car dealer. You've taken some excellent photos of your LT but as you know, Tarocco Orange being metallic, can be tricky to faithfully record without a polarizing filter. My iPhone photo from the track was aided by overcast conditions. The one below was professionally taken.

·
Administrator
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm located in the Toronto area. My local dealer is Pfaff and they were the importing dealer for my car but I actually bought it from an exotic car dealer in Calgary as its original owner lives out West. It's a wonderful car to drive.

Here's another shot, this time from the exotic car dealer. You've taken some excellent photos of your LT but as you know, Tarocco Orange being metallic, can be tricky to faithfully record without a polarizing filter. My iPhone photo from the track was aided by overcast conditions. The one below was professionally taken.

View attachment 196124
Chris Green at Pfaff is a terrific guy. Terrific picture of your car. I really like the CF rear wing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If either of you decides to sell, please DM me. Tarocco orange is my first choice and haven't seen any 675s for sale lately in it. Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Chris Green at Pfaff is a terrific guy. Terrific picture of your car. I really like the CF rear wing.
Chris made me feel very much at home when I collected my car last year and has been very helpful. The LT is a very sophisticated machine and luckily the Pfaff team is at the top of their game.

Ah, the rear wing, I love how it goes "whump" when I slam on the brakes at high speed; hearing and seeing it flip up, mirrored into the corner of my eye. These sensations become part of the rhythm, the extra feedback helpful when taking familiar corners or laps.

·
Administrator
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If either of you decides to sell, please DM me. Tarocco orange is my first choice and haven't seen any 675s for sale lately in it. Thanks!
While its not Tarocco Orange, Simon Crossley at McLaren Dallas has a stunning Napier Green 675LT Spider for sale with an asking price of $259k.

·
Administrator
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chris made me feel very much at home when I collected my car last year and has been very helpful. The LT is a very sophisticated machine and luckily the Pfaff team is at the top of their game.

Ah, the rear wing, I love how it goes "whump" when I slam on the brakes at high speed; hearing and seeing it flip up, mirrored into the corner of my eye. These sensations become part of the rhythm, the extra feedback helpful when taking familiar corners or laps.
The braking capabilities on the 675LT are really impressive. Ive had a few people following way too closely that have nearly rear ended me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts