McLaren Life banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As titled, looks as though McLaren has put a software campaign update on the 600LT with its 1-Year Service to limit neutral rev'ing:

"The campaign is to limit the rev's at neutral when trying to make the exhaust shoot flames so no one damages their engine."
Just an FYI

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I opted out of the campaign, as it would have interfered with my tune

my service manager gave me a heads up as connecting their computer to the ECU would have detected the tune

·
Owner
511 Posts
To my knowledge this update does not prevent us from revving in neutral to shoot flames. It changes the proceedure to rev the engine in neutral. If the engine is not 100% up to temp, you won't be allowed to rev past 4K. But, if you do a oil check test first, then it will allow you to rev to 7k and pump the pedal to get the flames to shoot out. This is the approved way to shoot flames from a standstill according to McLaren Tampa. But no more than 20 to 30 seconds though to avoid warranty issues. After the update, if you've been driving around for a while, then put it in neutral, it should still allow you to rev the engine past 4k as well. I'm almost positive mine has the update since I picked it up November 30th. I immediately noticed the 4K limit when compared to my old 570.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts