McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering my first Mclaren but I'm back and forth with the 570s and a 2010 or newer Gallardo. I currently have a manual 2019 porsche carrera T but I want something I don't see everyday. Has anyone on here had a Gallardo and switched to a 570S? I'd be interested in the pro's and con's.

Whatever car I get I like to drive them and not just park in the garage so it needs to be some what comfortable.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've had both. The 570s is better in almost every way. The only things I miss from the Gallardo are the exhaust sound and the gated manual.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had both. The 570s is better in almost every way. The only things I miss from the Gallardo are the exhaust sound and the gated manual.
What about overall comfort and drivability? Also, is it a much harder getting in and out of the Mclaren? I never sat in the mclaren.

·
Registered
102 Posts
What about overall comfort and drivability? Also, is it a much harder getting in and out of the Mclaren? I never sat in the mclaren.
The 570s is just as comfortable with the different suspension settings. Climbing into the tub takes a little bit more effort, but it's not that difficult.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sold my 2008 Gallardo Spyder Egear for a 2019 LT600 Spider. So there is no comparison whatsoever, in the slightest, in anything. Ok, ok the V10 screamed and my neighbours tell me happily the Mac is not as loud BUT it’s different sounds. I have flames, spits and burbles plus the turbo whistle. So between a modern super fast 570s and a 2010 Gallardo there really would only be one winner.

My brother has a Lamborghini Huracan Spyder and he is fully aware that soon enough when we are all allowed to meet up properly im gonna be on the road making him look like he’s going backwards

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
you pose this same question on LamboTalk and those guys would shit all over the Mclaren. Boohoo look at the quality of Mclaren, using all the internet ammunition against Mclaren with any first hand knowledge.
Hurricane or 570 would be a hard choice.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I owned a gated 06 Gallardo, 13 Gallardo and a 15 Huracan. NEVER had a single issue with any of them. All that being said I recently owned a 600LT and now a 720S. Haven't had any issues and love the performance of Mclarens but not willing to own one without a Warranty. Between Gallardo or Mclaren 570 it's Mclaren hands down.

·
Owner
810 Posts
Gallardo was on my list. Drove both and the 570 is in the garage.

I suggest you do the same. Once you go Mac..... you won't go back!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Had a V10 R8 (close to the Gallardo). Really a great car. Hard to replace but the 570 is waayyy better in just about every category. The sound of the V10 was pretty fun though

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
And btw, the prices I see on Gallardos/LP560-whatever look insane. Super old/dated, super low performance relative to new cars.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I owned a gated 06 Gallardo, 13 Gallardo and a 15 Huracan. NEVER had a single issue with any of them. All that being said I recently owned a 600LT and now a 720S. Haven't had any issues and love the performance of Mclarens but not willing to own one without a Warranty. Between Gallardo or Mclaren 570 it's Mclaren hands down.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Only consider the Gallardo if it is a 6 speed gated manual and that is something you can't live without. Other than that, the 570s is faster, more tunable, better handling, completely made of carbon, has a dual clutch, is newer, and the doors go up! So yeah... 570s. Actually, I prefer the look of the 570gt best if you can find one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Only consider the Gallardo if it is a 6 speed gated manual and that is something you can't live without. Other than that, the 570s is faster, more tunable, better handling, completely made of carbon, has a dual clutch, is newer, and the doors go up! So yeah... 570s. Actually, I prefer the look of the 570gt best if you can find one.
I actually really like the look of the GT as well but they don't seem to hold value as well as the S. I don't keep my cars long so depreciation is a factor.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I actually really like the look of the GT as well but they don't seem to hold value as well as the S. I don't keep my cars long so depreciation is a factor.
I never noticed any difference in the values. Always seemed more dependent on options and spec to me. Plus, the cheaper 540c in Europe has the same 570s roof so it can be confused with the base model. To me the GT looks like a baby P1 from the rear. Just so much cleaner in design. The first time I saw this white car linked below in person, I didn't yet realize they made a GT version and I couldn't figure out why I liked it so much better than all of the other 570s cars I had seen. When I realized I felt quite... slow. But honestly, you can't tell me you don't love the way car this looks. Excell Racing’s XR700+ Package Maxes Out The McLaren M838T 3.8L V8

·
Registered
36 Posts
Plus the GT has some storage so it's actually quite a bit more useable. The convertible is sick though with the top down. This one in person looks amazing. It sits perfect. 2018 Used McLaren 570S Spider at Excell Auto Group Serving Boca Raton, FL, IID 20575116

Also, I realize that the 600LT costs more, but honestly, with the new car being electrified with only a v6, I can see tuners shying away from those early on so the 600LT may cost you less money in the long run if you get the right spec. Those will be highly sought after down the road IMO. Only around 350ish coupe and 350ish vert 600lt out there!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts