McLaren Life banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just done two track days at the Ridge, the weather was a bit wild on Friday, I have to swap between wet and slick multiple of times, air jack and center lock really saved my day as it make changing four corners really just a 5 mins job.

I now have a much better understanding of 570S GT4's dynamic as I started to push by the 2nd day. The car is very well balanced with factory alignment, the handling is very tight but I do feel factory alignment is a bit on the understeering side. It is very easy to drive, a bit of to easy actually...One annoying thing is that you can not turn the traction control off completely and it did kick in a couple of times. I do believe I still have plenty of grip when it kicks in, so it is a kind of weird feeling.

I will be at PIR this weekend with HOD event. I am more familiar with PIR and hopefully I can set some personal lap time record.

IMG_4409.JPG

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just came back from HOD event at PIR. My personal best in high 1:20 was done on a set of old Michelin slicks at Saturday. That set was corded by the beginning of Sunday so I did put a brand new set of Pirelli slicks on afterward. Unfortunately my speed in Pirelli was not that good (big surprise), I feel the factory alignment actually works better for Michelin or because the Pirelli has such a narrow working temperature that I can not really get most of it in heavy traffic. I also feel Pirelli DHB can fade off pretty quickly: my first session with this set was at low 1:21, then I was half second off the pace at each of the following session. The tire was so slippy by the end of day, that's only 5 sessions. I started to question that if my previous heat treatment was done properly...

Currently my car is still on 430PS setting, I am planning to unlock the engine and experience its full power. If you are still looking around for a dedicated track car then you should seriously consider 570S GT4. It is such fun and easy to drive with a lot of more potential.

A fun video from last Sunday, chasing our group coach in his race car:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I did a trackday two weeks ago with my 720s on the same track where I have been driving my GT4 in March. I had the Pirelli Track Adrenaline device with me and could make some nice comparisons.
Most interesting thing is that it is totally clear that grip (from slicks) and confidence wins hands down from sheer power (430hp v.s. 720hp). Now I need to build up the same confidence in my 720s and try to do this once more!

This is a screen capture of the comparison:

41 - 43 of 43 Posts