McLaren Life banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Sponsor
1,517 Posts
Many options are available, but as a reminder knock-offs are still knock-offs. The risk is lacking in quality, longevity and deteriorating faster from cheap material.

Our tips, just like genuine are genuine carbon fiber and stainless steel 4" / 102mm angle cut, removing 4 lbs / 1.87 kg from the rear of the vehicle.

We're happy to provide McLaren Life forum pricing, just DM us if you're interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Installed these on my Mclaren, love the look. I am curious to see how well they hold up after a season of driving.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, the old silver trapezoids are off and my new knock-off Akraprovic tips are on. Looks a million times better. Thanks to wstaab and Jeff M for some inspiration.

Removing the diffuser was a lot more of a PITA than I expected, but you really needed to do it (or alternatively, remove the wheel well liners) in order to get to the bolts with the OEM tips. The good news is with the new tips, I can now access the bolts without removing the diffuser again.

PS - anyone doing this, you'll also need to remove at least two of the wheel well screws to get more access, because there is one bolt on each far end of the diffuser that hangs from a bracket inside the wheel well liner.

View attachment 198511
View attachment 198510
Where can I get these from ?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Where can I get these from ?
Here is a link to the size you're looking for. Had mine on for about 4,500 miles and have has zero problems with them. Also, if you have the right tools, you can remove the exhaust tips without removing wheel and/or rear fender liners. :

Ebay Tips

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here is a link to the size you're looking for. Had mine on for about 4,500 miles and have has zero problems with them. Also, if you have the right tools, you can remove the exhaust tips without removing wheel and/or rear fender liners. :

Ebay Tips
was the 76mm a bit big, a few have mentioned that 73mm might be better?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I picked these up. They fit perfectly with zero modifications necessary and install in less than 30 minutes with a socket wrench. (Out of town so I don't have pics at the moment)
How did you do it in 30 minutes? I just received mine and am reading the diffuser has to come off?

Here is a link: Exhaust Tips

View attachment 197457

I had another set of blue ones (below) which I liked the carbon fiber pattern much better on but unfortunately they arrived in 2 different shades of blue. I prefer this CF pattern but I cannot seem to find anyone with it any longer. These came shipped from China whereas the ones above were shipped out of California.

View attachment 197459
View attachment 197460

As others have said, these are very inexpensive ($67 for the set!) and quality seems to be good. I'm sure some will cringe at putting these on but they look just like the Fabspeed and there is no way in hell I'm paying $800 for "just the tips". :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I picked these up. They fit perfectly with zero modifications necessary and install in less than 30 minutes with a socket wrench. (Out of town so I don't have pics at the moment)

Here is a link: Exhaust Tips

View attachment 197457

I had another set of blue ones (below) which I liked the carbon fiber pattern much better on but unfortunately they arrived in 2 different shades of blue. I prefer this CF pattern but I cannot seem to find anyone with it any longer. These came shipped from China whereas the ones above were shipped out of California.

View attachment 197459
View attachment 197460

As others have said, these are very inexpensive ($67 for the set!) and quality seems to be good. I'm sure some will cringe at putting these on but they look just like the Fabspeed and there is no way in hell I'm paying $800 for "just the tips". :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
how is it done in 30 minutes? Love to not have to remove much of the car to fit mine ….

21 - 35 of 35 Posts