McLaren Life banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything else other than the triangle standard items? I have an Akrapovic on currently which I am taking off, I love the round tips but the won't fit the OEM sports exhaust.

Does anyone have anything else?

Thanks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
There are a few options, but all are ridiculously priced given they are just tips. My favorite are the Fabspeed carbon tips (they also come in Titanium - 2nd pic), but for $800+, it's almost as much as a whole exhaust.

If anyone has other good options, please post them up. Not interested in the Kooks exhaust.

·
Registered
2017 570S coupe
153 Posts
Subscribed. I'm in the same position; also like those Fabspeed pieces... but just not gonna drop $800 for frickin' tips. Even though they're an incredible bargain when compared to the Novitecs at $3000 :LOL:

·
Owner
945 Posts
Welcome to the "McLaren in the Garage Price". I have put up with the Ferrari in the garage price for 30 years.

Reactions: Steeler

·
Registered
100 Posts
wstaab, funny I was also there at Caffeine and Exotics in October but we never crossed paths. I saw your tips and wondered if they were real. I've also been looking at several knock-offs with the Akrapovic logos, almost ready to pull the trigger since they are only for cosmetic purposes. What size did you get?

PS - the link is not working.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Try this link: https://www.dhgate.com/product/1pcs...ersal/483853402.html?skuid=624016603452547106
Less than $100 for a pair.
I went with 77mm in 114mm out (3x4.5)
3 inch is slightly large and requires some adjustment to clamp to the OEM tail pipe.
73mm x 114mm would be the correct size.
Decent quality stainless steel and the carbon fiber looks just like Akrapovic.
I have used Akrapovic exhaust on cars and motorcycles in the past and the Chinese CF looks just like the real thing.

·
Registered
McLaren 720S spider, 2020. Spark.
631 Posts
So right when I was thinking how bad those round tips look, the GT has them! Saw this one today in Charlotte.

·
Registered
292 Posts
wstaab, funny I was also there at Caffeine and Exotics in October but we never crossed paths. I saw your tips and wondered if they were real. I've also been looking at several knock-offs with the Akrapovic logos, almost ready to pull the trigger since they are only for cosmetic purposes. What size did you get?

PS - the link is not working.
I picked these up. They fit perfectly with zero modifications necessary and install in less than 30 minutes with a socket wrench. (Out of town so I don't have pics at the moment)

Here is a link: Exhaust Tips

I had another set of blue ones (below) which I liked the carbon fiber pattern much better on but unfortunately they arrived in 2 different shades of blue. I prefer this CF pattern but I cannot seem to find anyone with it any longer. These came shipped from China whereas the ones above were shipped out of California.

As others have said, these are very inexpensive ($67 for the set!) and quality seems to be good. I'm sure some will cringe at putting these on but they look just like the Fabspeed and there is no way in hell I'm paying $800 for "just the tips". :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well, the old silver trapezoids are off and my new knock-off Akraprovic tips are on. Looks a million times better. Thanks to wstaab and Jeff M for some inspiration.

Removing the diffuser was a lot more of a PITA than I expected, but you really needed to do it (or alternatively, remove the wheel well liners) in order to get to the bolts with the OEM tips. The good news is with the new tips, I can now access the bolts without removing the diffuser again.

PS - anyone doing this, you'll also need to remove at least two of the wheel well screws to get more access, because there is one bolt on each far end of the diffuser that hangs from a bracket inside the wheel well liner.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Automotive design

Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper Car Auto part

·
Registered
2017 570S coupe
153 Posts
Looks fantastic! For those that have installed these knock-offs and run them for awhile, can you confirm that they’re robust and stay in place? And that the carbon-looking surround piece isn’t discoloring, degrading, bursting into flames?

Thanks...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts