McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Saw this yesterday -- very moving and I can't wait to see the entire film.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
964 Posts
Very much enjoyed watching that, looking forward to the follow ups

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
bummer, its been taken down

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Hey tex, I'm not sure if this was the footage that was originally posted above. Cheers.....����

http://youtu.be/ak1mK-X0zJg
Unfortunately, that's not it. It's too bad it was taken down. It was a beautiful video. Imagine if Stanley Kubrick was still alive and McLaren hired him to make a short 4min film about Bruce McLaren.

It's such an original and creative way to market a car company. Far more effective then the boring tail-sliding/burnouts/nurburgring stuff that we typically see. It also manages to destroy the whole 'McLaren has no soul' argument in a few minutes. Really well done. Beautiful and chilling at the same time.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I like that analogy, very Kubrick, very creative. Wonder why it has been taken down? Ron must be involved
in that decision!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Michael Man, got me there will have to Google!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Michael Man, got me there will have to Google!
Heat, The Insider, Collateral, Miami Vice. Some of his movies weren't the greatest but they always looked good. He could make the must mundane scene look cool. Great Eye and really good soundtracks in his films.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Heat, The Insider, Collateral, Miami Vice. Some of his movies weren't the greatest but they always looked good. He could make the must mundane scene look cool. Great Eye and really good soundtracks in his films.
Agree on that. Michael Mann is The Man.
The scene from The Insider when Russell Crowe finally decides to testify and gets in the car for the ride to court is one of my all time film faves.

I missed the original video above, if anybody has a link, please do share, even if by PM, thanks.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Under youtube mclaren mp4-28 ,i wont point out where im sitting,better to be anonimus:)

Sorry Ritesh,that the whole event,but worth watching

Andy, the give away are the crocodile winklepickers:

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Andy, the give away are the crocodile winklepickers:
Jenson did mention them as we were chatting,he must be on this forum all the time;)
Actually its more likley to be that sunspot on the top of my head that everybody but me knows about!
Still what a fabulous day surrounded by such enthusiastic people,and FS is the most enthusiastic of them all,a real gentleman.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts