McLaren Life banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Damn! Looks good. I need these. I sit way too high in my 12c. I'm only 5'9" and in the car I feel like I am 6'4" looking out the top of the side window.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Wow, definitely a looker!

I'm not sure now so I'm asking; did you have the carbon bucket seats before? If yes, are the differences really that big?

·
Premium Member
2012 "Swipe" MP4-12C
609 Posts
Are you looking to sell the old seats? I have carbon backed electric seats and would love the manual. Also, do you mind sharing where you sourced the seats and how much?

Looks great! And the green exterior is just WOW!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, definitely a looker!

I'm not sure now so I'm asking; did you have the carbon bucket seats before? If yes, are the differences really that big?
Thank you. I did have the carbon backed seats but they were not buckets. They were Alcantara/Leather with carbon backing with manual adjustment. I still have them. I will get pictures.

I would say its a pretty big difference. They are definitely a seat made for racing as opposed to comfort. I can tell when I'm speeding around corners because it completely hugs your body similar to a normal bucket seat. It makes it a little harder to get in and out of the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you looking to sell the old seats? I have carbon backed electric seats and would love the manual. Also, do you mind sharing where you sourced the seats and how much?

Looks great! And the green exterior is just WOW!
Thank you. I am looking to sell my old set actually. I called McLaren SF and they quoted me $9,200 retail per seat (new). DM me and maybe we can work something out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts