McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a quick video of a race between the two cars filmed at a recent airport runway rental I organized:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Having driven both, I didn't think that would be close. Once traction wasn't the limiting factor, it wasn't.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Why anyone felt the need to put an SLS up against a 12C is beyond me. What is next, a Fiat 500?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Having both I just can'tbsee the difference being that big. An SLS is really a great car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why anyone felt the need to put an SLS up against a 12C is beyond me. What is next, a Fiat 500?
Why is it so unheard of? They are pretty comparable and we were having fun all day at the runway running different cars against each other. It wasn't a dick measuring contest or a scientific test, we were just having fun.

And yes, there was an Abarth Fiat there as well. :p:p

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Why is it so unheard of? They are pretty comparable and we were having fun all day at the runway running different cars against each other. It wasn't a dick measuring contest or a scientific test, we were just having fun.

Ahhh, 'fun' you say.

That's confused him.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
The SLS sounds like screaming thunder. I would own one just to start it and rev it.........but I guess it would go around corners as well:eek:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I really like the SLS - wouldn't mind a black series. :)
Test drove the SLS AMG GT - was not impressed, felt like my C63 Black Series. The SLS Black Series on the other hand, could be a different story but I'm not convinced it's THAT much better than the SLS GT.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

Well why don't you set up a race against the Abarth, "just for fun." :cool:

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
much needed laffer...

what is next, a fiat 500?
and yes, there was an abarth fiat there as well. :p:p
well why don't you set up a race against the abarth, "just for fun." :cool:
wow,that little 500 sure stuffed the gtr in reverse :d
Hahahaha... :D

Gotta be mindful that the Abarth might be the highest common denominator in the community amongst 12C owners, a good many have both! :p

·
Registered
551 Posts
Test drove the SLS AMG GT - was not impressed, felt like my C63 Black Series. The SLS Black Series on the other hand, could be a different story but I'm not convinced it's THAT much better than the SLS GT.
Bah .. .you'd be impressed with mine I'm sure. Of course it's not stock anymore :)

http://www.hms-tuning.de/en/products/performance-packages/sls/

They achieved 750 instead with some tweaking. The engine still has a lot more but the gearbox is a problem

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Sorry but just can't get my head around the styling. It looks awkward from so many different angles.
Are you referring to the "Black Series?" I actually like the styling, just not the expected MSRP of $370,000.

The 2010 Black series are all over the place, and have depreciated down to around $200 - $220k here. That car really needed something more than the old 5 speed tranny.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts