·
Registered
907 Posts
nice!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
No comparison , but wait for the new Cabrera
KSA,can you explain to me how they are going to make the Cabrera quicker than a 12c when their Halo car the aventatdor is slower around a track and only just pips a 12c at the strip,they have a big problem on their hands with that one,especially if the 12c gets another upgrade??????:)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
won't track like the 12C though, SORRY:(
I wouldn't be so sure about that. The R8 GT is no slouch on the track, yet it weighs significantly more, has less power/tq, and was a generation older for the most part. I'm sure just power/weight could make up a lot of the difference.

They should easily be able to shave a couple hundred pounds off the next Gallardo, add DSG, bump the power to 600+, and new electronics and everything else.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
KSA,can you explain to me how they are going to make the Cabrera quicker than a 12c when their Halo car the aventatdor is slower around a track and only just pips a 12c at the strip,they have a big problem on their hands with that one,especially if the 12c gets another upgrade??????:)
Eh, the performance won't be as big a problem as you think. People still bought the 640 even though it was ancient and arguably crap compared to the 560.

So long as the Aventador looks more extreme, it will be fine. You'd be surprised how many people would take a slower Aventador over the next G merely because the doors would go up.

The Murcielago was never really a great drivers car and there was nothing really that amazing about it in comparison to the Gallardo. This time not old does the Aventador look great, but it also has some serious performance. If they were able to sell Murcielagos/640s, I'm sure they'd still be able to sell Aventadors.

If the next Gallardo looked and performed like the 12C, Aventadors would still be selling just fine.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I wouldn't be so sure about that. The R8 GT is no slouch on the track, yet it weighs significantly more, has less power/tq, and was a generation older for the most part. I'm sure just power/weight could make up a lot of the difference.

They should easily be able to shave a couple hundred pounds off the next Gallardo, add DSG, bump the power to 600+, and new electronics and everything else.
12C will smoke R8 GT:D......new Cabrera might draw even with the 458, but against the 2013 12C with hp bump NO WAY.......and against nxt gen 12C FOREGETTABOUTIT!:D:p

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
12C will smoke R8 GT:D......new Cabrera might draw even with the 458, but against the 2013 12C with hp bump NO WAY.......and against nxt gen 12C FOREGETTABOUTIT!:D:p
The lap times I've seen said otherwise. Nordschleife time for the GT was 7:32 IIRC. Hockenheim was like .9s slower.

In all out acceleration it would, but it seems the GT is very capable on a track and that it with a lot of extra weight, less power, and with a DSG.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Eh, the performance won't be as big a problem as you think. People still bought the 640 even though it was ancient and arguably crap compared to the 560.

So long as the Aventador looks more extreme, it will be fine. You'd be surprised how many people would take a slower Aventador over the next G merely because the doors would go up.

The Murcielago was never really a great drivers car and there was nothing really that amazing about it in comparison to the Gallardo. This time not old does the Aventador look great, but it also has some serious performance. If they were able to sell Murcielagos/640s, I'm sure they'd still be able to sell Aventadors.

If the next Gallardo looked and performed like the 12C, Aventadors would still be selling just fine.
You make a good point Noone,but they will always be on the backfoot as the gt3 12c will be coming out at the same time,then the new gen 12c :)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
You make a good point Noone,but they will always be on the backfoot as the gt3 12c will be coming out at the same time,then the new gen 12c :)
Hard to say. The Gallardo could very well just skip the whole 458/12C generation. I mean, it pretty much already if you consider 2014/2015 as the launch. I don't think Lamborghini or Audi is going to launch an outdated car. They kept the Gallardo on the market for this long so they could get development in sync with Audi and then the rest of the market. If people like us are aware of the typical launch schedule and conflicts, I'm sure they are too.

I for one think the new Gallardo could crush the 12C. I mean, it's launching 4-5 years later. Why wouldn't it? Wouldn't you expect a car launching so much later to have vastly newer technology?

That said, I think technology is possibly peaking in terms of usable performance and I think all the gaps are going to get waaaaay narrower pretty soon. 0-60 times are all getting really close to each other. Soon 0-100 times will be very close. This alone could make performance gaps regardless of generation very small.

I'm starting more and more to be interested in design more than performance due to this plateauing I see taking place.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Hard to say. The Gallardo could very well just skip the whole 458/12C generation. I mean, it pretty much already if you consider 2014/2015 as the launch. I don't think Lamborghini or Audi is going to launch an outdated car. They kept the Gallardo on the market for this long so they could get development in sync with Audi and then the rest of the market. If people like us are aware of the typical launch schedule and conflicts, I'm sure they are too.

I for one think the new Gallardo could crush the 12C. I mean, it's launching 4-5 years later. Why wouldn't it? Wouldn't you expect a car launching so much later to have vastly newer technology?

That said, I think technology is possibly peaking in terms of usable performance and I think all the gaps are going to get waaaaay narrower pretty soon. 0-60 times are all getting really close to each other. Soon 0-100 times will be very close. This alone could make performance gaps regardless of generation very small.

I'm starting more and more to be interested in design more than performance due to this plateauing I see taking place.
If it crushes the 12c,then I go back to my original suggestion,it will make the Aventador pretty much pointless apart from the doors,we will see:)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Pointlessness is the hallmark of these things heh.

I'm actually just trying to find a car to hold me over until the new R8, and as embarrassing as it may be, the doors on the 12C are one of the reasons I really want one. Since I was a kid all the coolest cars had doors that opened up in one way or another -- DeLorean, Diablo, Murcielago, Enzo, F1, S7, Zonda -- and it's only now that one has showed up at a price I'm willing to pay and in a car that isn't ancient. And as a bonus, it's bonkers fast.

Performance does of course play some part, but I think I'd be satisfied with Aventador/12C performance for the next 10 years.

There are tons of cars that I've never driven and probably never will, but know for a fact that I'd buy if I have the means to own them all. Don't underestimate the power of coolness ;)

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Pointlessness is the hallmark of these things heh.

I'm actually just trying to find a car to hold me over until the new R8, and as embarrassing as it may be, the doors on the 12C are one of the reasons I really want one. Since I was a kid all the coolest cars had doors that opened up in one way or another -- DeLorean, Diablo, Murcielago, Enzo, F1, S7, Zonda -- and it's only now that one has showed up at a price I'm willing to pay and in a car that isn't ancient. And as a bonus, it's bonkers fast.

Performance does of course play some part, but I think I'd be satisfied with Aventador/12C performance for the next 10 years.

There are tons of cars that I've never driven and probably never will, but know for a fact that I'd buy if I have the means to own them all. Don't underestimate the power of coolness ;)
If you do get a 12c,i think you will think twice about swapping it for a new R8? If you do then I think you might be the only person on the planet going down that route:D

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
If you do get a 12c,i think you will think twice about swapping it for a new R8? If you do then I think you might be the only person on the planet going down that route:D
Haha, not a new R8, the new R8, as in the replacement due around the time of the Gallardo. I've had the current one since launch and I've loved it. Like the 12C, it has an understated yet sophisticated style. Audi delivered with the R8 and I have no doubt in my mind that from a technological perspective they will also deliver. Whether they screw the pooch on the design is up in the air I guess.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
The new R8 V10 plus is nice, S Tronic dual clutch tranny helps the car, but it is still IMO ugly as hell from the side, front and front 3/4 view is nice though. Seats look like crap, look like A5 seats, not what should come with a supercar.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts