McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Seriously, WTF. These f'n inane tests. Pro bike driver vs. not-pro driver. Car vs. bike; because, you know, there's a large demographic wondering which they should get between the two.

How about an Aventador v 458 v the 12C?

·
Registered
122 Posts
WTF exactly

What about a race off ........ celebrity owners ........ Paris Hilton, David Beckham and that facebitch guy .......... basically a meaningless time of viewing u-lube ...............

U-Lube only does that for the pockets of that mundane e-dinosaur corporation owner ... lube it up :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes, kind of sick and tired of seeing these pro riders on bikes against a car. Put the same schmuck driving the car on the bike and vice versa, and see how we'll the bike "doesn't do"
Better yet put Sebastian Vettel in the Mac and a regular driver in another one. These comparisons make no sense to me. Apples to apples.....reviewers
Same when car and driver puts up the vette against a military jet... Ok, whatever, wtf?

·
Registered
144 Posts
How about an Aventador v 458 v the 12C?[/QUOTE]

John, would love to see this one! And.....we still need to get together in march , April, may when this white stuff clears up

Kevin

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
How about an Aventador v 458 v the 12C?
John, would love to see this one! And.....we still need to get together in march , April, may when this white stuff clears up

Kevin
Yea, can't wait to leave this arctic cold behind! I think Monticello opens up around April as well. Will be great to meet up and grab a bite/coffee and talk cars! :)

Yea, btw, I don't mind when they do these wacko tests and point out, these are wacko tests just for fun. Pretty much a lot of Top Gears tests do this. But this and other like "tests" try to draw conclusions from these bats hit disparate conditions, as you pointed out.

The other thing is, the Mac is the go to car in all of these tests. It's the whipping post bitch of tech journalism. They don't have the balls to do this with a 458 fearing repercussions, and if they did, they'd bend over backwards bestowing it compliments. All the while, they don't pay the Mac its proper due, that it's always on tap, performing so great, and that McLaren either provides the car and or isn't afraid for the car to take on all comers regardless of the pretentious lunacy these journalists put it through.

I don't think I've ever seen any other super car that's been made so available for any and all comer of tests like the Mac. Perhaps the corvette? Another perennially available all-comers car that the press likes to crap on.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Er, how is Chris Northover any more of "pro" than Steve Sutcliff?

I'd have thought a car like the 12C would have blitzed a bike.

·
Registered
904 Posts
An Underground TTG would kill that bike on the straights! Wouldn't do so well in the corners though. It would take approx 700 rwhp in the mclaren to take the bike on the straights.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I had a TT viper making 865 rwhp and had no problem pulling liter bikes from a roll. The bike riders may not have been the best riders too. Not sure.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts

Against a liter class bike? Um no. Any straight section and the bike is gone. I do like the comments calling for a P1 ;) As I typed before, it would be a massacre.

·
Registered
5 Posts

he isn't any more of a pro than steve.

was i the only one that went, well this is a fun comparison, why not.

i don't understand the issue everyone else is having with this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts