McLaren Life banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good point Unmac. I do have videos of the Z06 because the cosworth lap recorder (PDR) is included with the car.

eMcL: Thanks for sharing that link. Here is another:

(And unmac: You'll be happy to know that this one contains a video.)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Good point Unmac. I do have videos of the Z06 because the cosworth lap recorder (PDR) is included with the car.

eMcL: Thanks for sharing that link. Here is another:

(And unmac: You'll be happy to know that this one contains a video.)
Yeah; but you said that you were 3 seconds faster in the z06 then the 12c at Laguna Seca, or did I misunderstand?

12c in capable hands with current day street tires is in 1:33 range at Laguna Seca in normal HPDE setting.

·
2012 MP4-12C
323 Posts
Yeah; but you said that you were 3 seconds faster in the z06 then the 12c at Laguna Seca, or did I misunderstand?

12c in capable hands with current day street tires is in 1:33 range at Laguna Seca in normal HPDE setting.
Yea, I’m with you. Depends on the driver familiarity with the car and tires, but simple logic says a 616 hp x 3200 lb supercar as capable as the 12c should be able to lap faster than a 650 hp x 3550 lb sportscar. No doubt the vette is good, but not sure it is a faster lapped than a 12C, and certainly not 3s faster for same driver and same tires.

I’ve owned both and, while not a track junkie yet (my 2 sub-3 year old kids see to that), I have yet to find a scenario where the vette was faster.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts