McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening McLarenLife members,

We had to post our latest arrival for you to check out. We recently have added to our inventory this very special McLaren 12C High Sport in "Pearl White". This is Chassis #4 of the total of 10 produced. We're very excited to offer this particular example considering the amount of interest in our last 12C High Sport that we sold.

View our For Sale listing here: McLaren 12C High Sport

View our entire photo gallery here: McLaren 12C High Sport Gallery

View our blog post here: McLaren 12C High Sport Blog Post

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Yes - two of the original 5 were sprayed in this pearlescent white - one was a US-spec car delivered through Miami. The other was a Euro-spec car that went to Spain. The remaining three were what we now know as Papaya Spark; then a heavy metallic version of Sapphire Black which might have its own name, and finally the Volcano Orange one that Newport Beach recently had in their inventory and sold.

Incidentally, the Papaya Spark and the Dk Blue metallic HS' are also on the market at the moment at different McLaren dealerships on the West coast.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
If the original price was as high as I heard it was, the owners must have taken a bath on them. Seems like all of them are for sale or sold at sold recently. Makes you wonder just how special they were and if maybe these people are getting rid of them for whatever is coming next. Sell now for what seems like a premium and get a brand new 650whatever for less with the same performance mods?

Was the original price like $600K for these?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
One owner bought the first 5, then I was told he was paid a license fee for the next batch of 5. Like everything related to these cars though, the truth of the matter is shrouded in a bit of secrecy.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
49 Posts
I saw the one in Bevery Hills a couple days ago when I was picking up my car from service. I was told they were just servicing the car and it's not for sale. It's absolutely INSANE. It's not even close to a "normal" 12C. The tech started the motor for me and you could immediately tell this car is very different. The suspension is modified, different exhaust system, very different front and rear facia, and some very cool use of Kevlar underneath the car. The one I saw also has carbon side air intakes and front end aerodynamic pieces that appear to be for additional front end downforce. The tech I spoke to also believes there are different cams in the car because it runs so differently. He said they have worked on two of the Hennessey 700 cars, which are methane injected, and the HS is even faster than those. One day maybe McLaren will release additional information and we'll know more about these cars. Having seen and heard one in person (and having owned and coupe and a spider) this is really not just a tuned 12C as I always thought.

~CaliMac

·
Registered
191 Posts
If i hadn't bought my McLaren in the summer, i would've hopped on this for sure!

Erik, do you have a link to the other 2 HS cars for sale? Thanks

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Interesting about the 'not for sale' comment you got - that wasn't what I heard at all.

>8^)
ER

·
Owner
544 Posts
Hmmmm....i dont know guys - this is beginning to look as its its trying too hard. We need a fresh design, one which will look 100% spot on without the need for all these stuck on add ons....sorry

·
Owner
499 Posts
I agree. Does it have anymore power? Or the same?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
OFFTOPIC - Sorry.

Eric - Can you post a pic of Papaya Spark please. Just curious to see what it looks like.

Thanks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Awesome!!! Thanks for posting.
Do the atache cases come with the car? Where do they go in the car?
The cases fit perfectly in the front boot. Please see the photo below.

What is the hp rating and if higher than 616 hp, how was this achieved? Thanks!
I understand why they're coy on price....but why not advertise it's performance specs?
I agree. Does it have anymore power? Or the same?
We cannot state the increased power/torque over the regular 12C because McLaren has not made an official claim. The best we can say is that it is in fact increased from the stock HP/torque output, but by how much we cannot go on record and state. We hope you all see our point of view.

As far as pricing goes, the car is listed at $399,888.00. Pricing should be updated here within a few hours so please bear with us.

If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a ring. Or as a few have done, post here and we'll try to respond as soon as possible. Many thanks everyone!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts