McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I love this car and thought it would be in the WEC this year? Anyone know why Mclaren aren't there? Would seem like a good place to showcase against Porsche, AM, Ferrari, etc.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
I love this car and thought it would be in the WEC this year? Anyone know why Mclaren aren't there? Would seem like a good place to showcase against Porsche, AM, Ferrari, etc.
This is kind of the explanation...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103398

I am no expert but wec is gte which is well regulated. The Mclaren is gt3 and doesn't qualify for gte... Gt3 is 'regulated'through balance of performance requirements

The good news is that Mclaren will be going to Le Mans in 2015.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Not 2015, their GT/GT+ car will debut next year after the new regs are sorted out. As has been said, McLaren has only produced a GT3 spec car, not a GTE spec car and thus they cannot race in the WEC although the ELMS (which raced before the WEC race at Silverstone) has a GTC class that allows GT3 cars where 2 are entered by ART Grand Prix team.

There is however a GTE 12C in pieces sitting at the McLaren GT facility waiting to be assembled.....

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Not 2015, their GT/GT+ car will debut next year after the new regs are sorted out. As has been said, McLaren has only produced a GT3 spec car, not a GTE spec car and thus they cannot race in the WEC although the ELMS (which raced before the WEC race at Silverstone) has a GTC class that allows GT3 cars where 2 are entered by ART Grand Prix team.

There is however a GTE 12C in pieces sitting at the McLaren GT facility waiting to be assembled.....
Thanks for clarifying Mitch...

Do you know if the new GT is being designed by mtc or at Mclaren GT?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
McLaren GT afaik, MTC only does the road cars.

Also, should clarify what I said, 'Not 2015' as in they won't be racing in the 24 Hours of Le Mans next year.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Finally agreed a deal for one of these! Hope to get a test and handover arranged in the next couple of weeks at Silverstone.

? my first proper race car, been racing a Noble the past 4 years which was originally my road car ?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Finally agreed a deal for one of these! Hope to get a test and handover arranged in the next couple of weeks at Silverstone.

? my first proper race car, been racing a Noble the past 4 years which was originally my road car ?
Man, you are on a spending spree -:)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Haha it would appear so, but man maths says it's a good deal and although I won't race it till next year I wanted a proven car I knew rather than starting from scratch again. The owner looked after it well, 650 engine upgrade, rebuilt box, spare brand new box, 2014 aero upgrades, countless spare bumpers, splitters, wings, fenders, sprint and endurance brakes, spare dampers and all sorts, 20 wheels and a few sets of tyres to get me started. Perfect toy. Shouldn't have bought the LT! Lol

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Are you going to run that is a series or is that just your UNREAL track toy?!?!?!

Congrats on finding an example you wanted. Makes me want to go to Scotland just to see it lol.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts

Seems like you and @Mikeyb are going to have to see who's fastest!

-Jamie.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
This is kind of the explanation...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103398

I am no expert but wec is gte which is well regulated. The Mclaren is gt3 and doesn't qualify for gte... Gt3 is 'regulated'through balance of performance requirements

The good news is that Mclaren will be going to Le Mans in 2015.

Been getting that itch for the past year. I did get a chance recently to take one of these out at Fuji track. I didn't realize until looking inside it's innards how the tech was different from the road car. I think my friend still has one for sale at bingosportsworld but not sure you would want it after 40 minutes of me driving it. Just kidding.

Sorry for my ignorance on the subject but what's the difference between this car and the sprint car?

·
Registered
8,123 Posts

welcome HP.. am sure mr west would join me in suggesting that there's an outside chance that you'll very much enjoy it. !

·
Registered
393 Posts
P1 prototype is a totally different thing, why wouldn't I want a road going McLaren to go with my racing one?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Are you going to run that is a series or is that just your UNREAL track toy?!?!?!

Congrats on finding an example you wanted. Makes me want to go to Scotland just to see it lol.
Track toy this year, next year go for it in GT cup.

Reactions: TTM0TION
1 - 20 of 25 Posts