McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

I had a CEL and looked at the codes with my OBDII tool - Codes P2231, P2243, P0130 that look like pre cat O2 sensor short bank 1.

Questions - has anyone sourced compatible O2 sensors other than from the dealer which are $800 EA and $1400 EA for the post cat ones.

Any instructions how to access them?

thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
2012 "Swipe" MP4-12C
678 Posts
It's just an ordinary Bosch 02 sensor. Do not pay 10x what it's worth!

Look in the DIY Thread (found in the McLaren Lounge), If I recall correctly the part number was posted in a conversation in the "Engine" thread.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did buy the pre-CAT Bosch equivalent for $63 Ea. I figure drop rear under panel and start from there to access the sensors for replacement.

·
Premium Member
2012 "Swipe" MP4-12C
678 Posts
Nice! Remove the rear wheels and inner fender liners first. I think that all you will need to remove. Keep us posted on how it works out.

·
World’s fastest and quickest McLarens
171 Posts
For those curious those codes read out as the following from the MDS:

P0130 - Primary HO2S Bank 1 :: Electrical range check high:: Sensor short circuit to battery voltage
P2231 - Primary HO2S signal circuit shorted to heater circuit, bank 1
P2243 - Primary HO2S Bank 1 :: Circuit continuity :: open UN line

Not sure they really help out in this scenario because it sounds like you're on the right path by replacing the B1S1 o2 sensor. Maybe more for the sake of people who search here later.

·
Registered
#203 M Engineering map switch tuned on MS109 , pure 900s, Soul 3.5 downpipes, IDX 1300 injectors
14 Posts
Thank you. The info is much appreciated

·
Registered
100 Posts
Any update.... Ive fried a few of these. know how to fix it but not sure what's causing them to go south...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts