McLaren Life banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK fellows. I dropped the ball (wrench?) on our game by not following up with a new thread for the race predictions. I won the qualifying lottery by picking Vettel. Here's my race podium.

1. Alonzo
2. Kimi
3. Vettel

BTW: McLaren have begun their inexorable march to the top. Both cars got into Q3.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Very good call Robbie, your clairvoyant ability seems to a bit off. The race had finished when you posted!.;);):D

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Interesting debate that will run in the press all week.

Team v. individual.

Racing v. Sponsor income management.

Team points v. driver points.

It is a shame that F1 is not about racing but Vettel and Hamilton seem to be clear it's about racing and individual points. Taking Lewis's comments at face value he thought that his team mate should have been 3rd as the faster driver/car on the day. Good on ya Lewis,

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
As a point that has been made elsewhere, the money in f1 is paid out on the contstructors championship. ... The only ones that care about the drivers champ is the drivers (and the fans).. At least Christian Horner was truthful enough to admit once the lights go out he can actually do nothing... It's a tough call and when you have ex world champs saying its an impossible equation to solve, that pretty much sums it up for me.. Ultimately I think it came down to maturity... Webber more mature than Vettel and knew that they would both end up in the gravel if it continued.. As they illustrated on the coverage he could have pushed Vettel to the edge when he was actually overtaken

·
Registered
36 Posts
The trouble is, as I think Webber mentioned post-race, is that at the top end the likes of Vettel are untouchable. Lower down the grid there's a chance, albeit a small one, that a driver may find themselves 'rested'.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Agree and Vettel knows that. As does Horner by the looks of it... Schumacher's legacy is tarnished by his unsportsmanlike behaviour at times. I hope that Vettel realises that. But if his team principal can only hope what chance have we got,,!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
:D this made me chuckle

Very funny. Good fun and dealt with very well by all involved. Including Lewis and his girl.

Love the tweet from the Mclaren crew.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts