McLaren Life banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Visited some friends in a different state and we started talking cars. They had never heard of the 12C so we ventured to the dealer which was a short drive away. I don't want to name the city or state as I believe the information the salesperson told me was confidential. Bottom line is they had over 10 12C's in stock! Obviously they were willing to negotiate a great deal.

In addition they said I could get a first year release P1 if I left a $125k deposit.

Curious if the rest of the US is having the same inventory issues.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think that sales person is on crack. I have it on good authority that no P1 build slots are available to reserve. At this point only an expression of interest can be made with a refundable fee.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I think that sales person is on crack. I have it on good authority that no P1 build slots are available to reserve. At this point only an expression of interest can be made with a refundable fee.
He is not on crack, he is 'on the take':D

·
Registered
319 Posts
Here in the States most dealers that I know of have a car in stock and one on the way. I had been tickling the idea of a coupe while I waited for my spider. I was offered a dealer car but they don't hang around long enough to commit. So I would say that there are cars available but not a lot. My dealer had 15 cars last week waiting for the update. That may be why there were so many cars at that dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was at the NA debut of the P1 last night, and i was told that you can pre-order a P1 with a $120,000 deposit and it would be available in about a year.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cars available at this dealer were not on the showroom floor. They were out of public view as I believe they want to create the illusion that there was still strong demand but reality was the demand has stalled. He also mentioned that Mclaren will only build 12C spiders for 2013.

·
Registered
560 Posts
i know of one dealer who has a few cars in stock (most are used).
i feel since the free update has been available to all 12 models this has been helping coupe sales tremendously! im not hearing about the crazy discounts anymore.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The cars available at this dealer were not on the showroom floor. They were out of public view as I believe they want to create the illusion that there was still strong demand but reality was the demand has stalled. He also mentioned that Mclaren will only build 12C spiders for 2013.
I think they said over 90% demand will be spider;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts