McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second time that I purchased at Macarbon and they don't deliver by the time proposed by them.

What have any of you experience with this company?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I had great service on some Ferrari parts.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have had MA Carbon parts on 4 cars including my 12C. They have been a great company to deal with. I will say that their pieces are of the highest quality and they don't take chances on sub-quality parts. So if something is taking a while it may be to insure a great result. Have you called them?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bought macarbon parts and steering wheels for all my cars they are always very honest and call me if any delay I couldn't be happier with them !

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is the second time that I purchased at Macarbon and they don't deliver by the time proposed by them.

What have any of you experience with this company?
My experience with them has been nothing short of superb. Good before and after sales service.

have had dealings with them over the years now for some of my cars including the mp4-12c. hardly had any issues with them, even if there were problems they were promptly rectified.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Until now had only good experiences, given new contract last week.
Have you ever called and inquired?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Two calls one email the order was made and paid in April 04 and the page said two weeks, we are closer to the week number 6, It is the same problem when I purchase a paddle extensions some months ago no comply with the time offer.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Which country are you ordering from? China or Asia area?

Surely you should call them, skip email, and find out why before posting a complaint that is some what odd to read on here, or for that matter, any forum. Email them after the call as proof and if after a few weeks no joy then post up details for views/input.

In the end all you want is timely delivery right.

·
Registered
983 Posts
+1 for MACarbon - never had an issue with them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Noe I think you do not read above. wanted to share experiences on an order made ​​on April 8 whose delivery was in two weeks and now we Holdand six weeks. passes and send email and call customer service without no concrete answer. in relation to your question of where I am, I am in United States 700 miles of MAcarbon.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Something tells me it might be a translation issue...

·
Registered
122 Posts
I do read your messages mclarenfanatic. Thus why I ask the question. If you want to complain on a forum for reaction / support then why not do so clearly. Your emails are jibberish at best.

I am stating that for constructive support you should put up your complaint clearly with details, time frames and facts. Based on that you will likely get a result if you are having trouble with your order - ie - someone from macarbon hopefully responds to solve this issue. Fact is this is really the only mclaren website and for good business they should be reading this at least weekly - if not daily if they want to run their business successfully.

·
Registered
424 Posts
MACarbon, John, has been very good in communicating what's happening to me. My first wheel was delayed because when they received the wheel it had a pre-existing defect and has to wait fro another wheel from factory. John emailed me every step of the process and made me feel at ease about the delay.

I suspect you must have some other issue that wasn't addressed to us.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Its OUR fault - Not MCLARENFANATICs

Hi All,

Thank you all for the kind words. However, in this case, MACLARENFANATIC is fine to complain. He certainly did put an order in on April 4th. Our website said 2 weeks delivery for the Start Button surround. Unfortunately, we won't have his delivered until next week. So we certainly did miss the 2 weeks that the website referenced. Our apologies to MACLARENFANATIC for the aggravation that this has caused him.

I'll get to our reasons for the delay later but this points out two weaknesses our company needs to address. One is the need for more accurate estimates on the site for made-to-order (or brand new) or out of stock parts. Second is that we need to do a better job communicating with customers who are waiting for delivery of said parts. Certainly 2 weeks was an overly optimistic estimate (seemed good at the time after making the first one!) for the new start button surround. We've now changed that to a more generic statement. We try to keep the stock status updated every day but certainly mistakes creep in. How we can communicate better with the waiting list is a tough nut to crack. We've tried weekly updates and email blasts but have often resorted to the "squeaky wheel" method - which means the customer usually asks for an update. This is not the best way to run things as pointed out. we're still struggling with the best method but this thread will certainly give some urgency to coming up with a solution.

As for the delay in question...
We've been trying to transition this new part from a single mold made as a one-off for a customer to a production piece where we can crank out a number at a time. That's taken longer than expected. Also, getting the right color has proven difficult - we had to scrap two this week (one of which was for MACFAN) as they came out too dark. Add to that the popularity of the part, and we've got a backlog that we didn't expect.

There were some other parts MACLARENFANATIC ordered which were out of stock - which we did deliver after a decent sized delay. The demand for certain parts has far exceeded our expectations and we've been caught a little short. We've had trouble getting parts from MCL as we've soaked up much of their spares stock. MCL Corporate called our parts source and asked why they were buying so many airvents... they were the only dealer in the enitre world that had even ordered one! And the core return from customers on the MCL parts has not been to the level that it is with other brands. Which has left us reliant on getting new parts from MCL... who doesn't have any.

It also gets back to the fact this is small volume manufacturing using artisanal methods. Its not as fast as we're all used to. Plus we try to make everything as perfect as we can. Which can add delays in itself. Luckily, we're not making transmissions or anything actually needed for the car to be drivable!

But again, all of this is our problem. I should have been conveyed this informaiton to MACLARENFANATIC more regularly to keep him in the loop. My apologies again to him. I encourage anyone to give us a call or send an email with any concerns you may have.

·
Registered
320 Posts
John, good of you to take the time and be so honest. It is very hard to be patient with your stuff because it is so cool. I really appreciate the effort to get things right. You guys have a great ethic for quality.

·
Registered
289 Posts
MAcarbon parts installed

I finally got all my MAcarbon stuff installed today that I received a week ago.:cool:

The entire order to delivery process took just over 4 weeks.
There was a sudden overwhelming surge of orders that came in for various pieces for the 12C as well as the Aventador that they were scrambling to get done and delivered. During the month, John took the time to explain over several correspondences why there was a delay.:(

When most of the parts were ready except for one, he avoided further delay by shipping me most of the stuff first and had the last component was shipped directly to me from the production workshop.:) To ease the pain of the wait, John took an unprecedented step to track the package for me.:D

I have to compliment his positive and responsible work attitude as well as the quality of carbon weave detail matching and showroom finishing on MAcarbon's products. John readily provided me the installation procedures of the various parts when requested.;)

Thanks John, keep up the awesome work! I would certainly buy more stuff from you again in the near future.:p

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts