McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Hi guys

which is the best mode for lunch control ?

Handling sport / power train track

OR

Handling Track / Power train Track
Launch control IMO should be handling sport/powertrain track in auto untill you get used to it,then manual if you are quick enough in first!
Lunch control is not having two puddings and only one bottle of wine:D
PS, I wish I was bright enough to converse in more than one language!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Launch control IMO should be handling sport/powertrain track in auto untill you get used to it,then manual if you are quick enough in first!
Lunch control is not having two puddings and only one bottle of wine:D
PS, I wish I was bright enough to converse in more than one language!!
hhhhh , thx a lot for your reply

·
Registered
913 Posts
best way is handling normal, power train track, you want the softest suspension setup to get more weight to the back on the rear tires...

when in launch mode, the car shifts by itself doesn't matter if you're in Auto or Manual....

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
best way is handling normal, power train track, you want the softest suspension setup to get more weight to the back on the rear tires...

when in launch mode, the car shifts by itself doesn't matter if you're in Auto or Manual....
I defer to the Master !!! :)
When ive tried in manual I dare not hit the limiter so I didn't know this was the case,another page in the manual I missed :eek:
I know what i will be doing tonight!! I take it the normal suspension setting helps with the tramping i sometimes get?? Or are my tyres too cold?

·
Registered
913 Posts
depends on the tires.... the pzero tires that came on my car couldn't hold the power down on the street... at the track they could though....

my R888 tires dead hook on the street when they are warm and I hit 0-60 MPH in 2.8 seconds... you can see my normal/track settings in this video...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Be sure to press the throttle all the way down or rather than build boost you will just go above max clutch temp rather quickly, and apparently without consequence.

·
Registered
183 Posts
That is a very impressive time fiksegts. Is your car stock?
Are these tires street legal in North America?

·
Registered
913 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
No I think you have that wrong Mac is the slender quite kid who if gets picked on beats the crap out of the school yard bully.
Perhaps.

As a new owner I didn't take the brunt of the bad times and or the first hit of depreciation.

Taking it on the last Ferrari run - it was definitely the bully eating everyones lunch :)

·
Registered
913 Posts
They are just fine for normal street use, I have them on my Gallardo Twin Turbo as well. Should get around 5k miles out of them which is plenty for me given the performance benefits.

These types of Toyos are great on the track but evaporate when used on the road for normal driving.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
They are just fine for normal street use, I have them on my Gallardo Twin Turbo as well. Should get around 5k miles out of them which is plenty for me given the performance benefits.
That's impressive if you use them at the track! I only get 5k out of my p zeros just for road use (rears) :confused:

·
Registered
183 Posts
fiksegts pardon my ignorance but what is the contraption that measures your speed above your instrument panel?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts