McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to drop slightly the MP4. I've read no additonal parts are required but how to do it? Are the springs adjustable?
For 15mm does it require allignment?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Good luck with that! I'm on my third set of front rubber thingies and that's with stock ride height

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
3rd set of the plastic that protects the under tray? How man mikes do U have on the car?

·
Registered
499 Posts
I think tex is referring to the rubber air splitters in front of each front tire. Those things really reduce effective ground clearance!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I would like to drop slightly the MP4. I've read no additonal parts are required but how to do it? Are the springs adjustable?
I will find out for you, when I talk to my buddies at Pfaff, then made it sound like it was fairly easy. They did not mention anything about having to do a wheel alignment. Cheers....??

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what's the use of those airsplitters? Is it necessary?
she sits quit high and would only improve the stands but none of the performance may suffer on that

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
n

i have my car lowered all the way down and have to problems i guess it all depends on your roads in your area .
And how did you do that? Can one simply adjust the coilerovers ?.??? Did it require an alignement ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
For 15mm it probably doesn't require an alignment but one would be recommended with the soft tires these cars come with. Lowering the car 15mm will increase the negative camber and cause the toe to change. It might not be that much of a change but a slight change can cause traction issues along with increasing the tire wear.

·
Registered
137 Posts
And how did you do that? Can one simply adjust the coilerovers ?.??? Did it require an alignement ?
i didn't need alignment i check it and was perfect . mp4 doesnt have coil overs its perch system , just lower it to bottom perch front has alot more adjustment than rear does. so don't go all the way down on front or car will look like dragster lol.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
From what I've been told you can lower the car approximately .25" which is done by tightening the spring. If the car is dropped by .25" they recommend having an alignment done. All of this information was provided to me by Pfaff Tuning. Cheers....??

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From what I've been told you can lower the car approximately .25" which is done by tightening the spring. If the car is dropped by .25" they recommend having an alignment done. All of this information was provided to me by Pfaff Tuning. Cheers....??
Hey thanks, I never took the wheels off to take a look. It seems they are simple adjustable shocks than. For 0,6mm already need for alignment is strange. I don't know any alignment centre can do that

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just realized that there was a thread on this matter.
Are there any clear instructions on how your technicians did it?
How many turns clockwise or anti-clockwise did they turn specifically on the factory coil-overs to lower by 0.25" ?
:confused:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
How many turns clockwise or anti-clockwise did they turn specifically on the factory coil-overs to lower by 0.25" ?
RC33 I will contact them right now and try and get you the information you seek. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
RC33 this is a cut and paste from Pfaff McLaren. The perch that supports the spring can be adjust by relocating the circlip on the shock body that locks the spring at its height. Moving the spring perch up will cause the vehicle to lower. This is not available on the new vehicles that have lift mode. Cheers....??

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It just got back from the shop today to have it lowered a bit. Not too much so I can still take the speedbumps They required a small clam to tighten the springs and than you can relocate the clips on a different setting. Seems quit easy according the shop to do.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts