McLaren Life banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just insured with Aviva Distinct for £1400 then received a quote from Admiral for £750. This is second year of cover.

Aviva do cover full replacement cost in first two years whereas Admiral are at market replacement cost.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
wow// that's a great deal.... need to have a chat with them... (in 10 months doh!)
thanks for sharing ric

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Interesting. I stayed with Admiral when I moved from the GTR as they were keen to quote when I discussed leaving. The annual cost would have been £1200 so yours is very good.

Can I ask how you received the quote? Was it direct from them (phone) or online?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gocompare.com........Simples!

I received 3 quotes around £750. Admiral,Elephant.co.uk and Diamond Insurance all between £720 -£729.

The 4th quote was £3900

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting. I stayed with Admiral when I moved from the GTR as they were keen to quote when I discussed leaving. The annual cost would have been £1200 so yours is very good.

Can I ask how you received the quote? Was it direct from them (phone) or online?

Thanks.

Naranja, did you blat by me on the A1 last night and turn off at Letchworth for Willian? Seal Grey with a rorty exhaust.

The car overtook me twice, first coming down the slip road to the Hatfield Tunnel then again just before Letchworth........I was in a 4x4.

Very good colour and sound.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Naranja, did you blat by me on the A1 last night and turn off at Letchworth for Willian? Seal Grey with a rorty exhaust.

The car overtook me twice, first coming down the slip road to the Hatfield Tunnel then again just before Letchworth........I was in a 4x4.

Very good colour and sound.
No, mine's MO. I was out in it yesterday as it happens. Wonder who that was then... Must have sounded good in the Hatfield Tunnel!

You've done well with GoCompare, when I tried they didn't even have the 12C on their system, must have changed. Not surprised Admiral and Elephant are close being the same company. Don't know much about Diamond....

·
Owner
41 Posts
Also try Marsh Insurance who run the official Porsche Scheme . They insured my Mac cheaper than a GT3RS !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts