McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone of you experienced this warning ? :rolleyes:

Today, after a relaxed drive of maybe 30 minutes, I turned off the car but left ignition on. After 5 minutes, I started it again and a "low oil pressure" warning showed up together with a warning tone.

I left the car idle and it went away after just a few seconds. After that, all worked again as normal.

I made an oil level check and status was green with oil level just one bar below optimal.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I have had it happen in a similar situation. I suspect that sensor expects oil to be in the crankcase since the engine is warm yet all the oil has just drained into the sump. It confuses the sensor. Harmless and everytime I check the oil level it is fine.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Exact same experience. I brought it to my service center's attention and they said they'd check it out next time I have it in, but not to worry. Oil level checked and was normal. My car is in for updates now and everything checked out perfectly. That's the only time I left the ignition on when parked and the only time I ever got the oil pressure warning, so I suspect that Ritesh's theory is spot on.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Had it happen for the first time yesterday. Warning buzzer was ominous. Very cold outside temperature and engine was warm and had only been off for a few minutes. I was concerned, but on restart no issues and seems to be fine. I suspect an odd combination of hot engine, low temperature triggered that warning.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
How do you check the oil level in this car is there a dip stick or is there a indicator in the instrument cluster. The only reason I ask is I had a similar situation occur on my Audi A8 and the Audi does not come with a dip stick. There is a location for a dip stick, the sole purpose I've been told is for the Audi mechanics. The explanation that I was given was lack of space and weight. Jokes... All levels are provided to you through the MMI via instrument cluster. Another thing I was told was the sensors they use are extremely sensitive to level variants. Cheers..... ??

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
How do you check the oil level in this car is there a dip stick or is there a indicator in the instrument cluster. The only reason I ask is I had a similar situation occur on my Audi A8 and the Audi does not come with a dip stick. There is a location for a dip stick, the sole purpose I've been told is for the Audi mechanics. The explanation that I was given was lack of space and weight. Jokes... All levels are provided to you through the MMI via instrument cluster. Another thing I was told was the sensors they use are extremely sensitive to level variants. Cheers..... ??
You don't want to know, man it's worse than a Pre-flight checklist for an airplane. And you better have your coffee fix first cuz you need a steady foot for more than 20 seconds! :)

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
And if it shows a point lower,do not put more than 1/4 lt in at a time AT THE MOST.The whole scale is very sensitive and probably dosent account for more than a litre,i speak from experience :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts