McLaren Life banner
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
looks fantastic.. i’ve just started a similar journey also in the UK. So, thank you for a great thread. It will be interesting to see what happens in the spring when everything opens up.

I think my spec is quite simple. Money says an17/18 car. A shade of Orange, 360 parking, left and sports exhaust.

Andy

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
looks fantastic.. i’ve just started a similar journey also in the UK. So, thank you for a great thread. It will be interesting to see what happens in the spring when everything opens up.

I think my spec is quite simple. Money says an17/18 car. A shade of Orange, 360 parking, left and sports exhaust.

Andy
Having recently experienced the 360 parking camera on a CLS 430, this has become a must have for any future car I own.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 · (Edited)

Andy
Thank you! It looks like a champagne colour in real life, very different, had lots of compliments on the colour scheme of the car, I really like it. Wasn't too sure at first but glad I considered something that wasn't black / grey as I initially wanted. I'm still not entirely sold on the leather, would have definitely preferred Alcantara. The leather is very nice, but Alcantara would have made it a little bit more special inside, although for the saving I made and the spec on the car it's something I can still live with, I still absolutely love it, it's just a fantastic thing to drive. Extended MSO Paddles have now been ordered for £700 off an eBay seller which is an absolute bargain. Really the only thing it's missing is the sports exhaust, McLaren Manchester said they can retrofit it for the same price as new, so £4900, but I may leave it, you can't hear either from inside the car anyway.

I actually started my hunt similar to you, 17/18 car, sports exhaust, Alcantara, lift, 360 Camera and extended paddles in either grey or black. Ended up in a 2021 car, silver, leather, standard paddles and a standard exhaust... but the price was not too far off an 18 car with that spec with 10k+ miles so it seemed like the right choice to make, it also has quite a lot of carbon which is nice, I don't regret it for a second.

I understand it will probably be harder to sell when it comes to it as it's a luxury spec car and this was factored in the huge saving over a performance spec car with similar miles, age and spec, but I guess if I find someone that really wants leather, there doesn't seem to be any luxury spec cars for sale that are newer than 2019. Also I don't intend on selling for a while unless a spider comes up at a great price with a good spec, or somehow I find the funds / permission off the wife to upgrade to a 765LT...

Good luck with the hunt! Try and use a McLaren dealer if you can for the 12 month warranty. You won't be disappointed!

81 - 84 of 84 Posts