McLaren Life banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Change my mind again. I've bought it, they sent me a video and the colour with the carbon actually looks stunning, very different, great spec on the car with low miles and a year old.

Very happy, I think it was the right decision, the price over the 2018 car ended up being £10k after adding the extended warranty, this comes with 2 years of factory warranty and a much better spec.
Congrats! Thats an amazing price for such a young car. I'm jealous of the prices you guys are paying in the UK. Here on the mainland they are quite a bit more expensive...
I've almost bought mijn as well. Getting contract on Monday and transport has been arranged!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Congrats! Thats an amazing price for such a young car. I'm jealous of the prices you guys are paying in the UK. Here on the mainland they are quite a bit more expensive...
I've almost bought mijn as well. Getting contract on Monday and transport has been arranged!
Thank you! The closest I could find with similar miles and age was £205k, and the spec was really missing on it, so this really seems like a very good deal. It only went up for sale last night so managed to get in there quickly. Also glad it still has 2 years factory warranty left on it. I pick it up next Sunday. The only thing it is missing that I really wanted is the sports exhaust, but worst case this can be added on by McLaren for £5200, or I could go aftermarket but don't want to risk warranty.

Congratulations as well!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thank you! The closest I could find with similar miles and age was £205k, and the spec was really missing on it, so this really seems like a very good deal. It only went up for sale last night so managed to get in there quickly. Also glad it still has 2 years factory warranty left on it. I pick it up next Sunday. The only thing it is missing that I really wanted is the sports exhaust, but worst case this can be added on by McLaren for £5200, or I could go aftermarket but don't want to risk warranty.

Congratulations as well!!
Thanks!

Looks like we might then get our cars at the same time. But mine needs to be transported about 1000 miles :) but hopefully will arrive next weekend. Factory warranty is indeed great. Fortunatly mine also has almost 2 years of extended warranty on it. Which also covers accumulators over here I've understood from my local dealer :). But original factory warranty is obviously always better.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Congrats @samjlevy I know you’ll love the car and as you said an amazing price for the spec and age!
Thank you, I'm over the moon. Very happy with the colour, I did a complete U-Turn when he sent the video of the car, really makes the carbon pop.

Thanks!

Looks like we might then get our cars at the same time. But mine needs to be transported about 1000 miles :) but hopefully will arrive next weekend. Factory warranty is indeed great. Fortunatly mine also has almost 2 years of extended warranty on it. Which also covers accumulators over here I've understood from my local dealer :). But original factory warranty is obviously always better.
The extended does indeed cover the accumulators in the UK and Europe which is the main thing to be honest!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Nearly went back on this deal as a Storm Grey car popped up in Leeds, similar spec but a Performance so Alcantara instead, with 3,000 miles on it for £185k, so £10k more.

Decided to stick with the Flux car to be a bit different, and also value for money is better in my opinion. Collection is on Sunday, very excited, can't wait to get her home!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Picked her up today, it looks amazing in the flesh, the colour is like a pearl champagne, really like it. The car is amazing, drove it 400 miles today and enjoyed every minute. There is a couple of alignment issues with one of the doors and slightly at the top of the bonnet, and a few rattles when the stereo is turned up so it’s going it to McLaren Manchester to get sorted, but apart from that I can’t fault it, what an incredible car.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Congrats @samjlevy we do expect some pics :)

If you haven't seen there is a UK owners club which you might be interested in joining. I can't vouch for it yet but I did join today and look forward to meeting some new folks with similar interests in this fantastic cars.
Pictures coming soon! Just need to get it cleaned after the long (but fun) drive back from Glasgow to Manchester.

I'm about to join actually, but I need to wait for the V5 to come through as proof of ownership, looking forward to getting out on some events, hopefully see you there!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 · (Edited)
Got it straight in for a full alignment, difference is astonishing. These guys seriously know there stuff, they’ve done all my cars including a GT3RS, highly recommended for anyone in the UK. He took some picture for me, can’t really see the colour too well, but it looks amazing in the flesh.

Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
It is! It’s been built from the ground up, pretty much a brand new car, full rally spec, absolutely amazing, they’ve been working on it for around a year and it is pretty much finished now, it’s going to be entered in to a series this season.
That alignment gizmo looks interesting too. Do you mind sharing what it cost to have it aligned? I'm looking at $880 from McLaren....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
That alignment gizmo looks interesting too. Do you mind sharing what it cost to have it aligned? I'm looking at $880 from McLaren....
It was £400 for the full alignment and has completely transformed the car, he’s done a lot of 720’s, wouldn’t trust my car with anyone else. I’m assuming McLaren will just set the car to their specification? This was a fast road / occasional track setup, not as aggressive as a full track setup, but it works for me as I’ll only do maybe 4 - 5 track days a year.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
It was £400 for the full alignment and has completely transformed the car, he’s done a lot of 720’s, wouldn’t trust my car with anyone else. I’m assuming McLaren will just set the car to their specification? This was a fast road / occasional track setup, not as aggressive as a full track setup, but it works for me as I’ll only do maybe 4 - 5 track days a year.
The three things I miss most about the UK are the beer, the curries, and the roads in Cheshire. I assume they've dialed in some negative front camber?

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Lovely! I'm based in Alderly Edge so know it well!

In regards to camber, they dialled in some negative front and rear, 2.3 front and 1.8 rear I believe, with the toe set properly.
I recall one night when I got back late from a run down that road, and on the advice of the service guy at the Porsche dealer, I opened the bonnet on the 944 Turbo I had at the time and eyeballed the crosspipe going into the turbo, which was nearly transparent with heat! lol.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.