McLaren Life banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
600LT
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Jan 2022, I bought a brand new 600LT, sticker 305k, got a great discount (cheaper than used) since the car has been sitting for 2 years in showroom.

I'm super happy with the car but...
Windshield cracked
-Replaced under warranty with "gen 2"
Car had heavy vibration in steering wheel
-Replaced "Tie Rod" under warranty
Then had some slight vibrations
-Had to buy a new set of tires (Not covered by warranty even at 1,500 miles)
Middle console buttons were sticky
-Replaced center console under warranty
The two contrails were separating on the roof
-Replaced both under warranty
Then the headliner started to recess out of the door seals
-Replaced the headliner under warranty

Now Jan 2023 is coming up and I'll have to buy an extended warranty, but I am conflicted. Should I keep the car? Is this normal to face this many issues? Every time the car went into the shop I thought it would be the last repair, lost the car for weeks at a time...

Market is still good for used 600LT, Mclaren is asking 8,800$ next two years warranty. Suggestions input from owners, or Mclaren experts?

Thank you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry to hear you have had that many issues. I haved owned my 600LT since new 3 years and 2 weeks to the day. Issues have included a broken hose clamp thus leaking colant on my garage floor, times where it can't locate my key, front end vibration which is cured when they rebalance the front tires, and a airbag fault light that they replaced the airbag module. I just bought the 2 year Mclaren extended warranty from my authorized dealer where I bought and service the car at for $7,300.00. Love my car plus not sure what I would buy to replace it. My car has 6,300 miles.

·
Registered
381 Posts
That's a lot of issues and would definitely leave a bad taste in my mouth. However, I agree with the others who said keep it, get the warranty and hope all the major issues have been worked out. If you keep and continue to issues, may be time to part ways with it. Is your servicing dealership local or does the car have to be shipped every time?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
honestly all of those things are just small QC issues. Annoying yes, but i think i'd be more annoyed if it was motor/trans related stuff. Right now i have a 720, and i'm thinking to sell it and get back into a 600LT i love that car so much. So maybe i'm the wrong person to ask. lol.

P.S Any chance this car is green?

·
Registered
2019 600LT Roof Scoop
8 Posts
honestly all of those things are just small QC issues. Annoying yes, but i think i'd be more annoyed if it was motor/trans related stuff. Right now i have a 720, and i'm thinking to sell it and get back into a 600LT i love that car so much. So maybe i'm the wrong person to ask. lol.

P.S Any chance this car is green?
I previously owned a 720S spider and enjoy the raw visceral experience my 600LT roof scoop provides.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think 600lt's like the 675lt's will keep a fantastic value. There is no debating it when it comes to those two cars... they are incredible.

If you spend the money on the extended warranty then I feel like it is money well spent as its not like the car is going to loose money anytime soon in a hurry

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
if it was actually new and never registered to any dealer or entity as a demo/fleet etc. then yes it'd start from the in service date. But on many occasions a car can be punched as "sold" well before it actually is. in these cases a dealer SHOULD pay to top off whatever warranty was missing. But not every dealer will do that.

why would a dealer mark it as sold if it isn't sold?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts