McLaren Life banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking around for a little while and have had my eye on Mclaren for a couple of years now. Within the last few months, I am really starting to lean towards purchasing a car, but I'm still learning about the different models, trims and options available. Let me first say that the 765 looks awesome and I wouldn't mind one in my driveway, but that's not going to happen. I did first fall in love with the 720S. I'm going back and forth between the Coupe and Spider. There really doesn't seem to be that much difference looks wise. Like the R8, the 720S Spider hides the engine, which is the biggest difference that I can see. I prefer my R8 Coupe to the R8 Spyder, no doubt. But with the 720S, it's really close; they look so similar. I plan on keeping my R8 as I love the car, have done numerous mods and like to track it sometimes. I do not plan on tracking the 720, but really just use it for pleasure. Then I see some 675 lt or 600 lt pics and think that maybe I should also look at those, but not sure at this point. I really prefer the back of the 720 over the other models. Lots of questions and thinking to do, but I wanted to post and say hello. It's like a job trying to find one of these cars that fits the bill, but I did it with the R8, I plan to do it with a Mclaren. I took my time, and when the right car popped up, I bought it. Hopefully, I'll have a similar experience. I will definitely be asking some questions in the near future and I look forward to your feedback. Thank you and Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I've been lurking around for a little while and have had my eye on Mclaren for a couple of years now. Within the last few months, I am really starting to lean towards purchasing a car, but I'm still learning about the different models, trims and options available. Let me first say that the 765 looks awesome and I wouldn't mind one in my driveway, but that's not going to happen. I did first fall in love with the 720S. I'm going back and forth between the Coupe and Spider. There really doesn't seem to be that much difference looks wise. Like the R8, the 720S Spider hides the engine, which is the biggest difference that I can see. I prefer my R8 Coupe to the R8 Spyder, no doubt. But with the 720S, it's really close; they look so similar. I plan on keeping my R8 as I love the car, have done numerous mods and like to track it sometimes. I do not plan on tracking the 720, but really just use it for pleasure. Then I see some 675 lt or 600 lt pics and think that maybe I should also look at those, but not sure at this point. I really prefer the back of the 720 over the other models. Lots of questions and thinking to do, but I wanted to post and say hello. It's like a job trying to find one of these cars that fits the bill, but I did it with the R8, I plan to do it with a Mclaren. I took my time, and when the right car popped up, I bought it. Hopefully, I'll have a similar experience. I will definitely be asking some questions in the near future and I look forward to your feedback. Thank you and Happy Holidays!

the question about 675LT/600LT/720s came up a lot here during the last years ...

to put it short: if you don't plan to track the car and want one for nice cruising around the 720s is the one to get - if driven by a very experienced person that can extract all the power the 720s is also the fastest on track (not if you are not used to this power lvl) ...

600LT is cool for its flames and is the cheapest in upkeep over the years - some ppl say its the most nimble of the 3

675LT is the oldest so you might want factor in that you need to buy extended warranty ... also parts are probably more than the 720s for the same things if sth gets damaged. A good 675LT that you bought at a good deal however will hold value a bit more than the other 2 ...

600LT and 675LT are more raw some ppl want this in a car but it can also be annoying bc you cannot really totally turn it of while in contrast a 720s in comfort mode can be a daily or even grocery getter ...

720s coupe vs spider: If you don't really want the spider the coupe is cheaper, looks a bit cleaner, has the better (wider) doors to get in and more space to store stuff if you want to make a multiday trip with 2ppl ...

that the short version and I guess some other ppl here will add to this ...

Reactions: rnixon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely leaning towards the 720. Similar reasons to why I bought the R8, as far as comfort goes, and it can be an animal when you want it to be. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to try the 720 on the track, but it definitely beats up the car a bit. Thanks for the comments.

·
Owner
679 Posts
The easiest answer is to connect with a McLaren dealer and drive them all. That will tell you what to buy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts