McLaren Life banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So much awesome. Congrats! Why the non-plate plate?
On the front? Hehhe, the back is temp plates. In NJ, you need front plates. Ill be transfering my plates from the GTR to the MP4, but in the meantime, I need to wait for DMV to send me my registration in the mail or pickup at dealer. Then I can put my plates on.
lc

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I notice several of us are in the NJ area. You, and Walt for starters. We should get together on a day, grab a burger, talk cars, and find a nice road to hit up... :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, Yup, that would be great. I know 2 others also in NJ besides Walt. That makes 5 of us (C= Thats really good to know, local MP4 owners. Your in NYC? How the heck do you handle the road there?!? Id be freaking out. :eek:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Hi, Yup, that would be great. I know 2 others also in NJ besides Walt. That makes 5 of us (C= Thats really good to know, local MP4 owners. Your in NYC? How the heck do you handle the road there?!? Id be freaking out. :eek:
The Mac just smooths out the roads. It's actually the best ride I've felt in the city. Just got to be careful of the buses. They constantly hit cars. :eek:

Anyway, 5 is a full on car show! :) Let's find a good drive. Are you in southern, central, or northern? We can find a nice spot convenient for the entire gang. I've still got a place in Edison, and lots of friends around the Warren/Greenbrook/Westfield areas. Sommerville also seems to have a car show day, I think every friday.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JK, I use to live off Peach Ct (when ford factory was there).
Im down, I can bring my GTR Buddy (I use to have a gtr).
Im free Saturdays, maybe Sundays. Weekdays on Wednesdays.
lc

·
Registered
34 Posts
Another Mac in NYC. My brother is there on holiday at the moment and sent me this pic about a week ago. Thought it may be someone in the forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Congratulation on the car Calvin!! Looks great.

Regarding the McLaren in the Rain - OMG..... IT IS GONNA MELT!!!!!!:eek::D:eek:

·
Registered
715 Posts
As was said I'm in the PRNJ as well. I live up in the highlands on greenwood lake. Tons of great roads including up through sterling forest and to bear mountain. But I'm up for a McMeet!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Congratulations Calvin. BlueNSX and I are also NJ based (pretty obvious from my avatar I'm sure.) I'm in Hunterdon County, he's in Somerset. The roads in my neck of the woods are probably close to the best in the state. Regarding the Somerville weekly car show, it tends to be more antiques and American muscle than anything else, not too many exotics, but worth checking out at least once. The bi-weekly Chatham C&C group is also worth checking out, but that has become quite a large group since getting written up in the Wall Street Journal last year. They keep changing venues to accomodate bigger and bigger crowds. Lately they've been meeting at Hacklebarney State Park in Morris county - I believe it's alternating Saturdays/Sundays. I belong to a group that meets in Doylestown PA called Bucks County Exotics every 1st and 3rd Saturday morning(www.buckscountyexotics.com), about 15 minutes across the Delaware west of Lambertville/New Hope. Great bunch of guys, and some really cool cars. Earlier this year we had an SSC Ultimate Aero show up! Great driving on the PA side of the river too. PM me if you want more details.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hope they didn't drill for that front license plate. I have no front license plates on any 2 seaters. Cops don't hassle me at all. Also if anyone is getting a new plate, spring for the extra $50 and get the "LE" plate. Most LEOs may look the other way for minor transgressions, like no front plate, if you show support of LE.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hope they didn't drill for that front license plate. I have no front license plates on any 2 seaters. Cops don't hassle me at all. Also if anyone is getting a new plate, spring for the extra $50 and get the "LE" plate. Most LEOs may look the other way for minor transgressions, like no front plate, if you show support of LE.
I considered the LE plates just for that reason. I actually got pulled over in Clinton in the 12C for no front plate just last weekend. No ticket, but apparently I am now in the system as "having been officially warned." 4 years of no front plate on my GT-R, and never any issues - but I suppose a Volcano Orange 12C is more of a law enforcement magnet. My car has clear bra and I've actually thought about using that 3M double sided tape than can be easily removed by pulling the release tab. Anyone have any experience with it? I wouldn't use it directly on the paint, but on the clear bra maybe it's OK. The Exoticare bracket is a little too visible for my taste.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LE Plates? I just got vanity plates coming in. Did I miss something?!?

btw, I didnt drill my front bumper. It was a front plate mount that bolts on from the existing holes in the bottom of the front bumper/lip. Mc Laren Philly put them on for me free of charge. Great buch of guys there.!
lc

·
Registered
715 Posts
LE Plates? I just got vanity plates coming in. Did I miss something?!?

btw, I didnt drill my front bumper. It was a front plate mount that bolts on from the existing holes in the bottom of the front bumper/lip. Mc Laren Philly put them on for me free of charge. Great buch of guys there.!
lc
Yes from everyone I talk to that has dealt with them, they are great in Philly.

LE plates are plates where they cost $50 more than regular plates and they have a shield on them for the program and they start with "LE" for Law Enforcement. The money goes to a fund to send the children of fallen LEOs to college. Worthy cause. And LEOs give some consideration for the support. I never liked vanity plates for no particular reason.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes from everyone I talk to that has dealt with them, they are great in Philly.

LE plates are plates where they cost $50 more than regular plates and they have a shield on them for the program and they start with "LE" for Law Enforcement. The money goes to a fund to send the children of fallen LEOs to college. Worthy cause. And LEOs give some consideration for the support. I never liked vanity plates for no particular reason.
Hi Walt, i never really cared for them as well, but this one was too good to pass up (C=
lc

1 - 19 of 19 Posts