McLaren Life banner

Long beep when locking the car?

11K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  GRB650S 
#1 ·
It seems random at least to me and our Mclaren rep is as usually clueless lol. So why does the car give a long beep when locking? And it's random sometimes it happens while other times it doesn't.

#3 ·
It does this when the luggage compartment is open. Designed to allow battery conditioner to be plugged in and the car alarmed all the same but to warn you that this is the case.

I leave my car like this most of the time. You can close the luggage compartment with the charger wire passing through the seal but I prefer not and just lay the luggage compartment lid down without closing it fully.

#4 ·
I have noticed this. Handbook says it happens if luggage compartment, engine cover, doors or lights are on. for me it seems to happen when I pull into my garage and with the lights on auto, lights come on for say 60 seconds and if i get out the car when they are still on I get this loud beep when I go to lock it with the fob.....

#5 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I think in my case it was having the lights on auto. Turned them off and it's not longer giving me a long beep.

#7 ·
I had this issue after my car went in for a software upgrade to 8.2.

It was caused by the engine cover glass not being properly closed on one side by the technician.

I also have my lights on auto and the issue was not related to the light switch position.

It's worth checking that all doors, boot and bonnet (hood) are fully latched...

#9 ·
Now I'm lost on this as the doors, rear engine cover and hood are all difficult to close with the lights on auto and it beeps forever.

#10 ·
I guess it has to do with the lights on auto. Did you try turning them of and seeing if the beep persists? I know the long beep your talking about that's the one I was getting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.