McLaren Life banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I promised those who were at Spa, I would post this video. Sorry for the delay, it needed editing first, as the sound track was just terrible wind roar, so I took the car out this week, did some high rev driving at "low" speed, and recorded the sound, then chopped it up and created a new sound track - pretty clever stuff!! Anyway, hope you like it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD5PBMOqdHs&feature=youtu.be <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD5PBMOqdHs&feature=youtu.be>

:D:D

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I promised those who were at Spa, I would post this video. Sorry for the delay, it needed editing first, as the sound track was just terrible wind roar, so I took the car out this week, did some high rev driving at "low" speed, and recorded the sound, then chopped it up and created a new sound track - pretty clever stuff!! Anyway, hope you like it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD5PBMOqdHs&feature=youtu.be <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD5PBMOqdHs&feature=youtu.be>

:D:D
Your name says it all Mark,i hope any prospective passenger has a strong constitution :D
Enjoyed that very much,but I was backing off for you at eau rouge !!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has quite put me off trackdays for the moment, Andy, as I would never have been able to afford the repairs. I decided after Snetterton, to wait til I get another Lotus as a trackday weapon, to limit myself to one Mac day a year, and even then.... ps. My wife accompanies me on track as passenger all the time! - (we are both quite mad) The Snetterton video would have been even more hairy, but the marshal made me turn it off.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About an inch, Mike, and the instructor just said "when I tell you to brake, you brake".... and I carried on!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Wow, I started watching this video and then I started to wondering what the hell was going on. Don't get me wrong the video is great it's just the shifts didn't seem to match the way madmanmark in his Mac was driving. I should have read the caption before watching the video which would have prevented this blunder of mine. Cheers....??

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
About an inch, Mike, and the instructor just said "when I tell you to brake, you brake".... and I carried on!
You certainly are committed and brave but I'm shocked to hear you had an instructor in the car .
Perhaps he did not know spa very well . He was making you work the car much harder than necessary by not using the whole track in places , the lines and throttle inputs were at times a little unorthodox too . They could have been even faster laps and safer to boot .
Please don't be put off by track work and I congratulate you on your idea of getting a dedicated track car for more experience . The right instructor is worth his weight in gold , frankincense and myrrh in my experience .

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
You certainly are committed and brave but I'm shocked to hear you had an instructor in the car .
Perhaps he did not know spa very well . He was making you work the car much harder than necessary by not using the whole track in places , the lines and throttle inputs were at times a little unorthodox too . They could have been even faster laps and safer to boot .
Please don't be put off by track work and I congratulate you on your idea of getting a dedicated track car for more experience . The right instructor is worth his weight in gold , frankincense and myrrh in my experience .
Good advice Doom ,but the throttle inputs were suspect as the sound was added later :)

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Terribly sorry , had no idea .
Watching in hotel lobby on I phone quite quietly it was confusing to say the least .
No apology needed,you have far more idea how a car should be driven on a track than I should ever hope too :)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
WOW...... that was WAY TOO CLOSE for comfort. Glad all you had to do was change your underwear!:eek::D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts