McLaren Life banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Owner
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered my car with Liquid Silver calipers thinking it would complement the Helios Orange exterior and diamond cut wheels, similar to the way I had my 600LT speced, but those calipers were Polished and they really looked great. But now that I'm looking at pics online and I'm really second-guessing my decision. Is it just the way the camera picks it up or are they really bluish in person? Does anyone have an orange one with Liquid Silver calipers they could take a couple pics of? Does it clash weird in person? The configurator and the MSO experience did not make them look bluish at all, and now I'm starting to get a little worried.

I attached a pic of one of the few I could find online that I think was Brook's friend's car. I don't know what to make of it, cuz some pics and videos it looks very bluish and in others it looks very silver. Anyone with liquid silver calipers, please chime in, thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Like with many things it’s really hard to capture the true look on camera and they often look much better in person.

From that photo there is a slight bluish tint but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s not the case in person.

I’m trying to imagine how they look on a diamond cut wheels, do you have the MSO renders?

·
Registered
43 Posts
They have a slight bluish hue to them in person, really light blue. I’ve seen them on a napier green car with diamond cut wheels and they looked really good. I think it will likely look good on your car as well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You're over thinking and over analyzing it...they will look amazing with the diamond cut wheels.
Peter

·
Owner
1,058 Posts
I ALMOST bought a 650S LeMans Edition from a dealer, was Tarocco Orange.
It had the liquid silver calipers. Part of the deal was that the dealer was going to re-paint the calipers to the correct orange. So it's a matter of taste; I felt the silver clashed -- but different wheels of course! (Anyway, backed out of deal for other reasons and different car ...)

·
Owner
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Here is the online configurator pics, I have to dig up my MSO ones, but they actually weren't very different from the online configurator. Maybe I'm overthinking it like some of you are saying, and I think it's too late to change it, mine is slated to be finished in the middle of July. I just see some online pics where it looks like it stands out very bluish, when my intent was to have the straight up silver look, never seeing liquid silver in person. I guess maybe the bluish hue will kind of match the titanium exhaust tips after a couple hot pulls. But you can see in the pics below it did not have a bluish hue in the renderings, bottom pic was on the dealer configurator.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
246 Posts
As other have said it’s going to look amazing if you did want a calliper color change when you finally see it in person it’s not hard apparently.

My 720s had black when the dealer picked it up before I purchased it and they changed then to volcano red to match the car.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I ordered my car with Liquid Silver calipers thinking it would complement the Helios Orange exterior and diamond cut wheels, similar to the way I had my 600LT speced, but those calipers were Polished and they really looked great. But now that I'm looking at pics online and I'm really second-guessing my decision. Is it just the way the camera picks it up or are they really bluish in person? Does anyone have an orange one with Liquid Silver calipers they could take a couple pics of? Does it clash weird in person? The configurator and the MSO experience did not make them look bluish at all, and now I'm starting to get a little worried.

I attached a pic of one of the few I could find online that I think was Brook's friend's car. I don't know what to make of it, cuz some pics and videos it looks very bluish and in others it looks very silver. Anyone with liquid silver calipers, please chime in, thanks.
I saw them on a white car and they look light blue. I think you shouldve went with orange calipers. Just my opinion.

·
Owner
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw them on a white car and they look light blue. I think you shouldve went with orange calipers. Just my opinion.
The reason I did not is because there are only two orange choices, McLaren Orange is super bright against Helios Orange, almost looks yellow next to it, and Nardo is actually Salmon colored in the flesh. I wanted MSO to do Helios but it would have delayed my car by up to 6 months, and cost $11k cuz they have never done that color before and it needed to be tested. Silver worked so well on my 600 so it seemed like a no brainer.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The reason I did not is because there are only two orange choices, McLaren Orange is super bright against Helios Orange, almost looks yellow next to it, and Nardo is actually Salmon colored in the flesh. I wanted MSO to do Helios but it would have delayed my car by up to 6 months, and cost $11k cuz they have never done that color before and it needed to be tested. Silver worked so well on my 600 so it seemed like a no brainer.
I also ordered silver on my 765lt and was wondering the same thing. I saw many photos where it looks blueish but I guess that depends on lighting conditions.

·
Owner
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
liquid silver definitely has some blue in it.
Thanks, but again, these are just pics, the same ones I'm going off. I'm looking for real world feedback. I called Charlotte yesterday and they said it didn't look like that in person. Matt at Tampa said they look more grey in person and it was just an optical illusion on camera. I was hoping someone with Liquid Silver calipers could chime in.

Below is the same car, Brooks' old car, but look at the various caliper color variations for the same exact car. First three look silver, last three look blue. Which one is it in person?

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 765 is Nardo Orange with liquid silver calipers on diamond cut wheels. If I did it over, the calipers would match the exterior color. The light blueish tint of the liquid silver looks a little out of place on my car. If I keep the car I’ll paint them Nardo Orange.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My 765 is Nardo Orange with liquid silver calipers on diamond cut wheels. If I did it over, the calipers would match the exterior color. The light blueish tint of the liquid silver looks a little out of place on my car. If I keep the car I’ll paint them Nardo Orange.
Can you post a pic of your car? Interesting to see what it looks like with Nardo.

·
Owner
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It actually looks really good in the pics, doesn't look bad at all. If it turns out like this I'm not going to change them. Thanks for posting, I'll look out for the outdoor pic.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts