McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the new Iris put in my 2013 Spider.
Seems to work great.The only question I have is the main button, the back,setting and voice
switches suppose to light up at night?
Mine don’t and seem that they should be.
Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John
I just checked out your video and they are all backed lit
Volume button,has and orange light ring,and the BACK SYMBOL and the VOICE SYMBOL and the SETTINGS SYMBOL and the MUTE SYMBOL Look like there all back lit at night?????

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Darn Steve you're right. The ring and the buttons light up. I don't know why; I could swear that it didn't light up. I'm not terribly observant and was wrong.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John
I just back from a trip to the hamptons and noticed that the Nav was showing me all over the place even though I had a strong signal.
All it kept saying all the way to the city was ReCalculating. Very annoying.
Any thoughts????
I feel that Miller should pick up car and check it out.
How is your Nav Working

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
My Nav has been pretty good. It has trouble getting a signal for the first 2-3minutes int eh city, but after that it's pretty solid.

If its hopping like crazy, I'd grab a little video of it before you bring it back to Miller. These things have a way of always working at the dealer and not in person.

There's no reason why it shouldn't work perfectly heading out to the hamptons.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks
I’ll take the video tomorrow since were heading to the Vineyards on the north shore..
Who knows like you said it might have to work itself out????

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took the car on a long drive out east on LI and to my surprise Everything on the new Iris System worked
well.
A Big improvement over the old Iris System.
I was told that a module unit should be out soon for the new Iris to receive XM Radio.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Wow, XM! That will be great. Lot of folks will be happy to hear that.

Glad the drive went well. Did the buttons light up?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Has anyone had issues with the IRIS system not on at all? After turning off the engine and turning it back on, IRIS would work again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts