McLaren Life banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I dont fault anyone for getting rid of a car they had trouble with or wasn't what they thought it would be. We all have to remember we buy exotics for different reasons. Some people buy them to look. Some to drive to work and back. Some to drive hard on track or the mountains. Some to flip later or as a car in a collection. It's all subjective. I live near some of the best roads this country has to offer (The Snake and The Dragon), the GT3RS shines up there in ways a 570s simply can't and I had a tuned straight piped 570s with R888R's on it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Update: My research be damned, I still bought a 570S!

As previously noted, I was leaning GT3RS. But there's just something about the experience of the 570S that pulled me in. The doors are fun and all, but for me it's the spooling noise of the turbos, the cracking of the exhaust, and oddly enough - I think the turbo lag actually adds to the drama of the experience.

I've already experienced some of the quirks mentioned in my original post. The mysterious window rolling down; a body panel coming unglued; key not recognized because it wasn't "close enough"; brake not pressed hard enough to start. The kicker? They don't bother me, because the car just offers so much.

Pics + an intro to come in a separate thread. I need to get some legitimate pictures.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats!
I've had my 570 GT for a little over 6 weeks - experienced some of the issues you raised in your first thread - I've also owned other exotics - they all have their own idiosyncrasies - after all, these are small number, extreme vehicles that are bound to their own personalities. It's a McLaren, with a racing heritage, in many ways a unicorn, and such a looker - love it!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Update: My research be damned, I still bought a 570S!

As previously noted, I was leaning GT3RS. But there's just something about the experience of the 570S that pulled me in. The doors are fun and all, but for me it's the spooling noise of the turbos, the cracking of the exhaust, and oddly enough - I think the turbo lag actually adds to the drama of the experience.

I've already experienced some of the quirks mentioned in my original post. The mysterious window rolling down; a body panel coming unglued; key not recognized because it wasn't "close enough"; brake not pressed hard enough to start. The kicker? They don't bother me, because the car just offers so much.

Pics + an intro to come in a separate thread. I need to get some legitimate pictures.
First congrats. I had the window roll down on 600 Lt in my garage. I somehow remember someone else posting about it. I subsequently came across it in the owners manual... (weird things can happen when a key is in your pocket).

NOTE: A sustained long press and hold

on the unlock button will

automatically lower the windows. The

windows will continue to lower until

the unlock button is released or the

windows are fully lowered.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts