McLaren Life banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been rattle free for a couple months now but I recently got a rattle when going over rough roads in my 720S. It’s coming from that long piece of leather/alcantara that extends from the touchscreen. The rattle is happening on the farther end closer to the windshield. I know it’s this piece because if you tap it, then it rattles. The other pieces don’t. Has anyone had this issue, if so how long was the repair time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
That piece is only held in with clips and one screw on the right side towards the passenger footwell. You can remove the screw and pull it up towards the windscreen. At least thats what the service manual says.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I’ll just have the service center check it out. I was mainly wondering if the whole dash would have to come out.

·
Owner
495 Posts
Thanks. I’ll just have the service center check it out. I was mainly wondering if the whole dash would have to come out.

Apparently the dash comes off with ease - at least that is what my service person said. I had an A/C vent (middle one) that was not working properly, and apparently to fix it, you have to remove the whole dash. I was going to pass on it since I didn't want to take the chance of something getting scratched or broken, but they reassured me it was quite a simple process and that the culprit vent was a common issue so they were quite familiar with R&R.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts