McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, there's a great group of guys on this board...... many of whom counseled me as I pondered getting a 675LT, many who became friends once I got my LT, and many of whom told me I was nuts when I first considered selling my LT.

But the practical reality is that my interests have shifted a little and I am focusing on other things that excite me more right now. My car sits on a lift in the garage connected to a tricklecharger. When I consider taking it down and driving it, I tend to say "Naah, I'll hop in my Porsche that's right here instead".

So let me say that I appreciate all of you guys and I appreciate your passion for these magnificent beasts. May you all continue to drive yours in perpetuity in the finest of health!

But I am punching out to pursue other interests. Owning 4 McLarens has been a fun journey, but different journeys lie ahead for me.

My loss will be someone's treasured gain. I have no doubts about that and hope it is someone on this forum. The car is listed on Ebay, and I will gladly take down the auction if someone here's plops cash on the bar to pre-empt it. Best regards to all!

2016 McLaren 675LT | eBay

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Good time to sell actually. Market is massively overpriced right now.
market is getting to market price:)

and to op........shame on you.
no really. Too bad , sounds like you did not get to enjoy the car that much.
i would have put the Porsche on the lift.
Oh well. Good luck with your sale, the 675 looks amazing.
And, good luck with your new adventure

·
Registered
379 Posts
No shame at all, funny you say that I grab my Speedster keys more than the 675LT. With that said it’s a treat to drive, and I’ve learned if I sell cars I just end up buying something else. If it sits for awhile it’s like a good bottle of wine I say ......time constraints is my problem. Good luck, but you will miss it but no shame at all feel good about it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
First off, there's a great group of guys on this board...... many of whom counseled me as I pondered getting a 675LT, many who became friends once I got my LT, and many of whom told me I was nuts when I first considered selling my LT.

But the practical reality is that my interests have shifted a little and I am focusing on other things that excite me more right now. My car sits on a lift in the garage connected to a tricklecharger. When I consider taking it down and driving it, I tend to say "Naah, I'll hop in my Porsche that's right here instead".

So let me say that I appreciate all of you guys and I appreciate your passion for these magnificent beasts. May you all continue to drive yours in perpetuity in the finest of health!

But I am punching out to pursue other interests. Owning 4 McLarens has been a fun journey, but different journeys lie ahead for me.

My loss will be someone's treasured gain. I have no doubts about that and hope it is someone on this forum. The car is listed on Ebay, and I will gladly take down the auction if someone here's plops cash on the bar to pre-empt it. Best regards to all!

2016 McLaren 675LT | eBay
May I ask why you didn't drive the car much? No shame in doing so but I was just wondering what made you choose the porsche over the LT...besides the nuisance of grabbing attention

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
May I ask why you didn't drive the car much? No shame in doing so but I was just wondering what made you choose the porsche over the LT...besides the nuisance of grabbing attention
I might just be getting old! The seats are much more cumbersome than what I was accustomed to with my prior McLarens. I also like just getting into a slightly less strung sports car and having my heated seats, awesome stereo and ability to fly under the radar.

·
Premium Member
2019 720S Coupe Track Pack
146 Posts

Only kidding - good luck with the sale, it looks lovely the next owner will be very happy I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Good luck with sale.. truthfully I daily drive my 911 GT3 Touring... and even on weekends I choose it over the 675LT for the following reasons:

1. it's bulletproof
2. flies under the radar
3. easy to park anywhere without any concern
4. bay area crime has increased dramatically - see no. 2
5. truthfully my Touring with Akrapovic titanium headers and exhaust sounds much better than the 675LT
6. at 8000 miles, in the back of my head, I wonder when the car will decide to not cooperate with me

That said...

If my friends with supercars want to go on a drive, if I want that ridiculous acceleration, if I want to get that analog steering feel (911 is great - but still slightly numb compared to the LT), and if I want to get that supercar feeling of sitting super low and hearing the roof scoop make its noises... i choose the LT. But that's like once a month now.. the 911 is nearly 95% of the time.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Good luck with sale.. truthfully I daily drive my 911 GT3 Touring... and even on weekends I choose it over the 675LT for the following reasons:

1. it's bulletproof
2. flies under the radar
5. truthfully my Touring with Akrapovic titanium headers and exhaust sounds much better than the 675LT
6. at 8000 miles, in the back of my head, I wonder when the car will decide to not cooperate with me

That said...

If my friends with supercars want to go on a drive, if I want that ridiculous acceleration, if I want to get that analog steering feel (911 is great - but still slightly numb compared to the LT), and if I want to get that supercar feeling of sitting super low and hearing the roof scoop make its noises... i choose the LT. But that's like once a month now.. the 911 is nearly 95% of the time.
I think many of your items are spot on, but I’ve never worried about the reliability it’s been good the 2 years of ownership. The Speedster I’ve never driven with the top up so I’ve taken more long drives with the wife, and the 675LT is more of a treat to hang with the boys for some fun. The power rush, and the rawness of the 675 pushes all the right buttons, and for me they’re the perfect pair as I have no desire to get rid of either one.

This is the first time in 10 years having so much fun has saved me 100k’s because I’ve not bought a car this year 1st in over 10 years nothing new.

·
Registered
10 Posts

1. it's bulletproof
2. flies under the radar

That said...

For me its the opposite, but then I am new owner so maybe that explains it. my RS hasn't moved in a while, I do need to drive it but the 675 is just too good to leave in the garage.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
That's not much miles at all over a five year period. Probably driven about 100 days over a possible 1,800 days.

I do get the part about items 2 to 4.

No use to really say a car sounds better with aftermarket exhausts and compare to a different car with OEM exhaust.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I sold my 19 RS because I never wanted to drive it over my 675LT spider. The 675LT is driving nirvana in my view. I bought a luxury 720S coupe to replace the RS to have the ultra exotic and refined rocket ship to complement the LT. So the 720S is great on cooler or marginal weather days or when I just want a more modern, more refined and less raw experience. I would have liked the RS more if I tracked my street cars, but I don’t. At the pace I drive on track I prefer dedicated race cars for track duty. The 570S GT4 fits that bill nicely. I have developed quite the passion for McLaren and have been exceptionally happy with all of mine

·
Registered
10 Posts
I sold my 19 RS because I never wanted to drive it over my 675LT spider. The 675LT is driving nirvana in my view. I bought a luxury 720S coupe to replace the RS to have the ultra exotic and refined rocket ship to complement the LT. So the 720S is great on cooler or marginal weather days or when I just want a more modern, more refined and less raw experience. I would have liked the RS more if I tracked my street cars, but I don’t. At the pace I drive on track I prefer dedicated race cars for track duty. The 570S GT4 fits that bill nicely. I have developed quite the passion for McLaren and have been exceptionally happy with all of mine
with your use case for the 720 did you consider the GT? the more I see on that car, the more appealing it is.

·
Registered
218 Posts
with your use case for the 720 did you consider the GT? the more I see on that car, the more appealing it is.
The GT is a great car, but the 720 in my view is in a different league re design and performance. It really is one of the most stunning car designs and its design is so cutting edge it takes some people time to appreciate how special it is. I also should have put “refined” in quotes. The 720 is refined in a relative sense to the LT. I wasn’t looking for GT level refinement

·
Registered
115 Posts
My Ferrari 430 and 550 offer more of sports car experience but the overall 675 package is so perfect I can’t imagine what else could fill it’s shoes. I think it’s the best looking mid engine car in decades, along with one of a kind driving experience and one of 500. I’m never selling mine.

·
Registered
255 Posts

1. it's bulletproof
2. flies under the radar

That said...

Agree. I’ve got a GT3 RS for the track and it’s awesome. But if you want to impress a newbie, put them in the passenger seat of a 720s and watch them wet their pampers.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Agree. I’ve got a GT3 RS for the track and it’s awesome. But if you want to impress a newbie, put them in the passenger seat of a 720s and watch them wet their pampers.
Wait, I thought you only track Miatas and think that everyone should just track miatas?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts