McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone encountered the left/right marker fault error messages before? I keep getting them randomly and they always go away after a few minutes driving the car. Both side markers are working, even when the error message is up.

Thanks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I’ve seen many fault messages but not that one. It sounds like its just a ghost to me since everything works. Have you been getting them for a while?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I get this all the time and goes away. Just the typical McLaren gremlins. Luckily I just get this one and once in a blue moon a horn fault.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery for 20 mins. Make sure the car is in sleep mode first, then disconnect it.

If that doesn’t solve it, it’s probably a stored code in one of the controllers (there are many!) You’ll need someone with MDS (or clone) to clear them all - last time I got them cleared there were a bunch of stored codes all over the place (things like TPMS, etc, it just remembers everything). Once cleared properly the error will likely go away if the lights themselves are working.

Isn’t it under warranty? The service dept will check and clear them for free if you’re getting an error all the time. Just record it on your phone if it’s intermittent to show them.

Thanks!

Z.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Same here... I get the side marker fault reading sometimes along with the horn fault. Suppose it’s a McLaren thing...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone encountered the left/right marker fault error messages before? I keep getting them randomly and they always go away after a few minutes driving the car. Both side markers are working, even when the error message is up.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine comes up with the error message about every 10th start up. Dealer looked at it and said they fixed it with a slightly corroded ground but the problem hasn’t gone away. The lights are actually out and not working when the message comes up. The message does go away after a minute or two but lights are still out until the car gets shut off and restarted. Haven’t brought it back in yet to get it looked at again.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine comes up with the error message about every 10th start up. Dealer looked at it and said they fixed it with a slightly corroded ground but the problem hasn’t gone away. The lights are actually out and not working when the message comes up. The message does go away after a minute or two but lights are still out until the car gets shut off and restarted. Haven’t brought it back in yet to get it looked at again.
I have the same thing, but it only happens when its very cold out. Dealer did see the code stored but couldn't find anything, however it was warm at the time so it wasn't going to happen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So, Mclaren knows about the problem and they are coming up with a software update for it. Only happens in colder temps and only if the headlight switch is turned to auto. For now, if the fault happens, simply turn the light off and back on and message will go away and lights will turn on. As of now, no eta on the updated software. At least they are aware of the problem and working on it

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the same thing, but it only happens when its very cold out. Dealer did see the code stored but couldn't find anything, however it was warm at the time so it wasn't going to happen.
Same here: right marker, only when it's very cold out and I do keep my lights in the AUTO mode, so it makes sense what BabyMac said ...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Go to know about the software fix. Now the question is if they are going to charge for it. Software updates are not covered on the extended warranty but since this is fixing an error code you would think it would be classified as a repair. But who knows.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts