McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally brake with my right foot but with the 12C I have been using my left.
I find the 12C has great brake feel and is very progressive. The brake and accelerator pedals are also well placed for left foot braking. I have in the past tried using left foot braking on the Ferrari but it didn't have the same feel and I often end up slamming the brakes instead of a smooth braking motion.

How many here use left foot braking?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Totally agree. I use the left always and without exception. It is the best way to get back on the throttle as early as possible. It just takes practice to have the level of sensitivity in your left foot as you already have in your right foot. Part of that is forgetting the clutch pedal movement (on the brake) that creates exciting and embarrassing problems. I think it takes just a few weeks until most drivers are 90% there.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Most of my Ferrari friends in Europe left foot brake. Really made a huge difference with the FF rides I got. I have not tried it as of yet.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
You should try it. Its a lot easier on the 12C than on the 458.
I have the ceramic brakes on my 12C. The pedal is a little on the stiff side. Also, hate the pedal feel when you come off of cruise control, really jerks the car with the effort required. I will give it a try regardless.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've been left foot braking for a few years - first in a F360. Now I kind-of alternate between left and right foot braking depending on which vehicle I'm in, how fast I'm driving and the other conditions. I left foot brake on track days.

It took a litte time and persistence to get comfortable with it.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I have to try more, but I'm not sure I like the positioning in the Mac. My left foot needs to go more towards the center of the car than it naturally would sit. It's really natural in a kart since the pedal naturally sits where your foot rests.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts