McLaren Life banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the MP4 have a rich leather smell on the interior ala, say, a Bentley or a Ferrari? Provided, of course, that it is optioned with full leather?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Mine smells like burnt rubber and gasoline :D seriously though, not so much as a ferrari imo. But then again, my 458 had much more of that new car smell because I didn't drive it as much ;)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Mine has a good rich leather smell. Not as sharp as the Ferrari leather (and not coincidentally the new Ram trucks) but pleasant and noticeable when car has been shut up a couple days.

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
Comparable to rich Corinthian leather? :D

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Mine has a combination of resin and leather which doesn't bother me one bit I actually like it, and as McDc mentioned you can always add one of those leather air freshener. Cheers.....

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I wonder if anyone makes a "leather smell" air freshener? ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had a Z06 that smelled like polyester fiberglass resin once, I didn't mind it. My Ferrari was the best smelling car that I've owned.

It may be dumb, but to me having that smell roll out of a car when you open it is part of the joy. In the Ferrari it was almost enough to make up for the lack of pace, clunky transmission, rattling exhaust (broke off its mounts twice), clutch that was shot at 6000 miles, and ungoldy awful sound system. :)

I did sit in and fire up an MP4, but declined a test drive as it was for sale on consignment and the owner was about 40k above market. So out of respect I passed on driving it. It was loaded with Alcantara. I would say the feel of the interior was top notch, tho.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts