McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys letting you know they have crazy lease deals .coupe. 36 months 2800 tax in ! 7k down . this based on 262k window car .. just crazy . my friend just got one .

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Hey guys letting you know they have crazy lease deals .coupe. 36 months 2800 tax in ! 7k down . this based on 262k window car .. just crazy . my friend just got one .
Off the top of my head - almost 110k to drive a car 5000 miles per year is a great deal?

I can't keep a car one year let alone 3 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Off the top of my head - almost 110k to drive a car 5000 miles per year is a great deal?

I can't keep a car one year let alone 3 :rolleyes:

Well due to the depriciation they taking .. hell yeah its give the keys back and be done .They are taking 60k off to make this deal happen . why buy and roll dice on depreciation .

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
Well due to the depriciation they taking .. hell yeah its give the keys back and be done .They are taking 60k off to make this deal happen . why buy and roll dice on depreciation .
I'm curious what the lease-buyout would be at the conslusion of the term (if going by a -$60k off MSRP to determine the lease terms).

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I haver read almost all your posts either promoting yourself (HRE) or some other aftermarket company along with your local dealer.

Why not become a sponsor?

I am pretty sure if someone was posting HRE wheel deals on here like you but at a lower cost you might take some offense as I do with your posts.

Regardless

How do you know what they are taking off MSRP?

Lease rates are based on residuals and what the dealer has left in the trunk so to speak with the manufacturer to make deals etc etc etc.

If Mclaren published a rate that is one thing entirely worthy of noting.

Sorry for the rant - but I have received numerous pm's from "members" who trying to sell me stuff.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haver read almost all your posts either promoting yourself (HRE) or some other aftermarket company along with your local dealer.

Why not become a sponsor?

I am pretty sure if someone was posting HRE wheel deals on here like you but at a lower cost you might take some offense as I do with your posts.

Regardless

How do you know what they are taking off MSRP?

Lease rates are based on residuals and what the dealer has left in the trunk so to speak with the manufacturer to make deals etc etc etc.

If Mclaren published a rate that is one thing entirely worthy of noting.

Sorry for the rant - but I have received numerous pm's from "members" who trying to sell me stuff.

oh boy , I never have posted my company so why become a sponsor . Im a fellow owner and enjoy posting my car as others do . And if you like call the dealer The Collection. I have no reason to lie about a car price nor do i care i was simply letting fellow owners know of the deals available . Sorry your offend or bother but the dealer is take 60k of window all day long its hurts me also . Any one can go to collection and take 50-60k of any mp4 cars window just write a check , finance or lease . Simple facts . if you like ill post the contract my friend is on the way to pick up the car if you need proof that bad willing to help .

sorry Im not trying to sell you anything nor PM 'ed you.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
oh boy , I never have posted my company so why become a sponsor . Im a fellow owner and enjoy posting my car as others do . And if you like call the dealer The Collection. I have no reason to lie about a car price nor do i care i was simply letting fellow owners know of the deals available . Sorry your offend or bother but the dealer is take 60k of window all day long its hurts me also . Any one can go to collection and take 50-60k of any mp4 cars window just write a check , finance or lease . Simple facts . if you like ill post the contract my friend is on the way to pick up the car if you need proof that bad willing to help .

sorry Im not trying to sell you anything nor PM 'ed you.
Didn't say you were lying but being as I just bought one - not one dealer picked up the phone and offered me 60k off a new Mclaren and I talked to quite a few.

The Collection salesperson does not come running up to a customer or is advertising 60k off sticker.

I have been to the Collection many times - all I am saying is this forum doesn't need to be froogle google.

Not promoting .... ook

http://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/mclaren-mp4-12c/1640-hre-sale-deal.html

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Didn't say you were lying but being as I just bought one - not one dealer picked up the phone and offered me 60k off a new Mclaren and I talked to quite a few.

The Collection salesperson does not come running up to a customer or is advertising 60k off sticker.

I have been to the Collection many times - all I am saying is this forum doesn't need to be froogle google.
Understood and sympathize with you as i paid full pop also 1 year ago almost now . But they offered it to me last month when i bought my 458 and i lol at deal thinking it was BS plus i wasn't interested in another one.
So i told my friend and its legit ! he picking here up as we speak . so he's leaving with 2012 260+ sticker and his payoff is 208K+- its just insane and put 7k down. which is 1st and last month so only 34 payments to go .

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Understood and sympathize with you as i paid full pop also 1 year ago almost now . But they offered it to me last month when i bought my 458 and i lol at deal thinking it was BS plus i wasn't interested in another one.
So i told my friend and its legit ! he picking here up as we speak . so he's leaving with 2012 260+ sticker and his payoff is 208K+- its just insane and put 7k down. which is 1st and last month so only 34 payments to go .
How is that a good deal whatsoever?

You can get nearly brand new cars with very high specs for $200-220K. If the cars are selling for $160K in 3 years, which is possible, you'd have only lost $40-60K AND you had unlimited miles AND it was under warranty for most of it AND, most importantly, you could have sold it whenever you wanted for even a better price.

You'd have to have a pretty secure and good opportunity cost argument to make $100K + $150K residual a good deal based on current 2012 prices.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
560 Posts
collection offered me a 10k discount on new and 40k on a 1k mile car. that was about all i could squeeze out of them. so i bought from philly mclaren lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
hopefully someone can clarify something for me!

price are figurative!
in my head im thinking msrp=260k
sale price=200k
lease pmt=110k
leaves a buyout of 90k
why wouldnt it be a good idea to lease it and make monthly payments on it if you have every intention of buying the car when the lease is over, that way you dont have to fork over 200k right away. and if you want to sell the car just do a buyout and sell whenever you feel like. maybe i missjudged something. can someone clarify

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Pretty sure Mclaren isn't leasing directly - so a company for profit is.

60k off a new Mac :rolleyes:

Leasing an exotic = bad idea.

Regardlesss - I hope you do lease it - if the worst thing that happens is you lose a few dollars at least you will be enjoying one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
that still doesnt help my confusion! why is it a bad idea if someone plans on buying it out in the long run?
i have never leased an exotic, but it seems like this seems like a good idea, but it also goes against what i previously thought, so i need someone to prove my math wrong here lol

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

price are figurative!
sale price=200k
lease pmt=110k
leaves a buyout of 90k
why wouldnt it be a good idea to lease it and make monthly payments on it if you have every intention of buying the car when the lease is over, that way you dont have to fork over 200k right away. and if you want to sell the car just do a buyout and sell whenever you feel like. maybe i missjudged something. can someone clarify
You math makes sense, it's just not realistic. I highly doubt the selling price is $200K and I highly doubt the residual is $90K. Probably at least $50K higher.

Leasing exotics is just a bad idea in most cases and far from a good deal. If leasing is tempting, you might as well just finance it with rates as low as they are.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts

price are figurative!
sale price=200k
lease pmt=110k
leaves a buyout of 90k

that still doesnt help my confusion! why is it a bad idea if someone plans on buying it out in the long run?
i have never leased an exotic, but it seems like this seems like a good idea, but it also goes against what i previously thought, so i need someone to prove my math wrong here lol
Read below...

I'm curious what the lease-buyout would be at the conslusion of the term (if going by a -$60k off MSRP to determine the lease terms).
just called to see buy out is 150k.
Point being...

~$110k total lease/down payments for 3-years
~$150k buyout following lease
=$260k out-the-door cost to own the 12C

·
Registered
30 Posts
You math makes sense, it's just not realistic. I highly doubt the selling price is $200K and I highly doubt the residual is $90K. Probably at least $50K higher.

Leasing exotics is just a bad idea in most cases and far from a good deal. If leasing is tempting, you might as well just finance it with rates as low as they are.
thanks for the help! in my head i thought the payout to own the car would be the difference from the sales price - the lease payments after 3 years!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts