McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a pair of Google Glass all to myself -- so I figured I'd kick things off with a quick launch control video. The first video I shot while driving the car had a guy in a Mustang pull along side me, then drive behind me for a while, then pull along side me again later to tell me, "awesome car". Shame I shut off the video about 10 seconds prior to that, but I'm sure I'll get the chance to capture those kinds of moments again in the future.

Can't wait until the first track day + car rally with these -- what a fun toy!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And the first test photo :)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Jeepers creepers, technology scores again. Must google to find out what the product is!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
MP4, "unfortunately" we cannot see the speedometer. But I can tell you were completely going the speed limit. :)

Very cool MP4!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Google glass rocks. Can you get it to record without a time limit?
Yup, once you start a video, just tap the side, and the screen will read "Extended Video?", and then it will record for as long as your battery or storage will allow.

Lots more to come :)

·
Registered
910 Posts
awesome, I want to check those out!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mikeyb - traffic light hacking, of course!

MNB - sure thing! I'd appreciate a credit/link back to me on the various networks where appropriate, please send me a PM and let me know which networks you want to post it on. I already follow you on IG :)

Fikse - any time you want, I'm in Miami for the next few months, shoot me a text.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I took a whole lot of pictures/video at F1 this weekend with my glass, but haven't gone honing about yet (coming soon). Will post appropriate video/stills if folks are interested.

It's capable of 720p video and I think 5MP stills so not a slouch of a camera.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Google used this video to determine a market opportunity for their Glass product. You may not want to watch it........I bet you can't resist involuntarily closing your eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/5RAaW_1FzYg?autoplay=1&modestbranding=1&rel=0&showinfo=0
That is just the most insane video that I have ever seen... To see one of the clips would be mad, but all of those.. The one with the family by the side of the road is just unreal... Absolutely unreal...

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
That is just the most insane video that I have ever seen... To see one of the clips would be mad, but all of those.. The one with the family by the side of the road is just unreal... Absolutely unreal...

A friend of mine went to a Wedding in Russia and he said the roads are like the Wild West with carnage everywhere. I thought he was exaggerating!

These incidents are more than scary........how the family jumped up at the last second is astounding.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts