McLaren Life banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toto Wolff was asked to describe the chain at command at F1 Mercedes since there is him, Brawn and Lauda. Here's his answer about Niki:

Q: What is the chain of command? There is Niki Lauda, then there is Ross and then there is you…
TW:
The command structure is actually very clear. I think things were made up by the media a couple of weeks ago suggesting that it is not so clear, but that is not the case. Niki is the non-executive chairman of the board which means that he heads the board in non-operational, non-executive functions. He is a triple world champion; he is a good negotiator and he has good relationships. He is very straightforward and direct and is somebody who will be looking after the team. He is chairing the board but it is less of an operational function. ... ... ...

What an amazing answer. Translation: If there is one more bad season, Brawn is out and Lauda is in.

As I said before, it will be team bedlam and Lewis is right in the middle of it. Hitting the tire barrier last week in Jerez may be one of his season highlights.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Toto Wolff was asked to describe the chain at command at F1 Mercedes since there is him, Brawn and Lauda. Here's his answer about Niki:

Q: What is the chain of command? There is Niki Lauda, then there is Ross and then there is you…
TW:
The command structure is actually very clear. I think things were made up by the media a couple of weeks ago suggesting that it is not so clear, but that is not the case. Niki is the non-executive chairman of the board which means that he heads the board in non-operational, non-executive functions. He is a triple world champion; he is a good negotiator and he has good relationships. He is very straightforward and direct and is somebody who will be looking after the team. He is chairing the board but it is less of an operational function. ... ... ...

What an amazing answer. Translation: If there is one more bad season, Brawn is out and Lauda is in.

As I said before, it will be team bedlam and Lewis is right in the middle of it. Hitting the tire barrier last week in Jerez may be one of his season highlights.
As for Hamilton he made his bed now he's got to sleep in it. Personally I could care less about the going ons of the upper echelons of F1, all I want is it to be fast, exciting and extremely competitive right till the final race. Who doesn't like sitting on the edge of there sit, hoping that who ever it is wins. One final word get rid of Bernie Ecclestone, I can't stand that idiot. Now lets hear the comments on that statement. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
As for Hamilton he made his bed now he's got to sleep in it. Personally I could care less about the going ons of the upper echelons of F1, all I want is it to be fast, exciting and extremely competitive right till the final race. Who doesn't like sitting on the edge of there sit, hoping that who ever it is wins. One final word get rid of Bernie Ecclestone, I can't stand that idiot. Now lets hear the comments on that statement. Cheers.....����
Extreme: Two of my favorite people are Bernie and you (not necessarily in that order). Bernie has transformed F1 into a world sport, liberally spending money on himself, his ex-wife (1 billion dollar divorce settlement to her), their spoiled daughters, and German bankers and others he has bribed along the way. He is a one man reality show. He makes Dallas look like Poughkeepsie. HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE HIM???
(Sigh. I know. I'm in the minority on this one.)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Extreme: Two of my favorite people are Bernie and you (not necessarily in that order). Bernie has transformed F1 into a world sport, liberally spending money on himself, his ex-wife (1 billion dollar divorce settlement to her), their spoiled daughters, and German bankers and others he has bribed along the way. He is a one man reality show. He makes Dallas look like Poughkeepsie. HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE HIM???
(Sigh. I know. I'm in the minority on this one.)
Hey GeorgeSSS to each his or her own, I have no qualms with that, we all have our own opinions. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Extreme: I try to stir things up in a good natured way to keep it all interesting. Your such a nice guy that it doesn't work with you. Truth is, I can easily see how Bernie can be loved (by a few) despised (by most), but definitely NEEDED by EVERYONE in F1 from the standpoint of increasing enterprise value. THE LITTLE GUY SURE KNOWS HOW TO MAKE MONEY.
Best regards,
GeorgeSSS

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Extreme: I try to stir things up in a good natured way to keep it all interesting. Your such a nice guy that it doesn't work with you. Truth is, I can easily see how Bernie can be loved (by a few) despised (by most), but definitely NEEDED by EVERYONE in F1 from the standpoint of increasing enterprise value. THE LITTLE GUY SURE KNOWS HOW TO MAKE MONEY.
Best regards,
GeorgeSSS
Yes you are correct GeorgeSSS everyone loves a money making machine, I still don't like the man. Cheers......??

http://www.tamaraecclestone.com/

He's got a beautiful daughter Tamara, now that's what I call a keeper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts