McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to buy a 2018 720S from an independent dealer. It has about 2K miles and had the 12.5K service in May. Does anyone know of any software/firmware updates that have occurred since May 2019. Thanks for any input,

Hg

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am about to buy a 2018 720S from an independent dealer. It has about 2K miles and had the 12.5K service in May. Does anyone know of any software/firmware updates that have occurred since May 2019. Thanks for any input,

Hg
I’m not sure actually. I’ve heard 3.1 was one of the updates a few months ago. I know for a fact my 2018 720s has old firmware and they’re updating this week. I’ll let you know what they update version it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much I will ask them what version was on it at the dealer. By the way is there a way to check FW version from the car?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks very much I will ask them what version was on it at the dealer. By the way is there a way to check FW version from the car?
Yea. So you press settings on touchscreen and click general. The top left box and it’ll say firmware on the bottom. If not all settings are showing press the settings icon again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pressing settings will only show software levels of your audio system. That system can be updated with a simple usb so you don't know for sure what the levels of the rest of the car are.
But why worry? Tell the dealer you have bad pdc function, they need to install the latest software or at least check the levels. Tell them that you have various messages in the instrument cluster but they simply disappear. They need to install all available updates because of "customer concearn" as per MTI, the resolution documents free of charge 😇

·
Registered
132 Posts
There is no self update from USB to do at home or at least that’s what I’ve heard. But yes you’re right there is no way for us to know the software level of the ECU and other modules.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you know where to get the update it is possible to do the update through the factory menu, if you know how to get into (pressing 3 times on the right spot) ;) for most it's better to stay out of that menu. There you can also calibrate your 360 cam.

As far as the software levels... If the car is fine, leave it as it is:p. As we've seen on the 600lt an update is not always an upgrade:censored:

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you know where to get the update it is possible to do the update through the factory menu, if you know how to get into (pressing 3 times on the right spot) ;) for most it's better to stay out of that menu. There you can also calibrate your 360 cam.

As far as the software levels... If the car is fine, leave it as it is:p. As we've seen on the 600lt an update is not always an upgrade:censored:
Wow, interesting never heard about this. I actually need to calibrate my 360 cameras. So when do I press the right spot three times?

·
Registered
29 Posts
For the 360 camera you need special triangle mats placed in a specific distance from the car to make the 4 cameras blend into each other... If you get the repair document from sis you can make them yourself if you really want to put the time and effort into it:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts