·
Registered
61 Posts
10.6, came out a few days ago

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, which part of the version numbers on all the software shows it's at 10.2, 10.3, 10.4 etc?

Do we go by the Application Software version? Mine ends in 06, does that means it's a 10.6? But that wouldn't make sense if 10.6 just came out.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I was having minor issues with my SAT/NAV and took the car in to get Skid Plates, spoke to the Service Manager and told him about the SAT/NAV and he mentioned he will do the 10.6 upgrade due to the minor annoyances.

·
Owner
893 Posts
I wonder why it's so difficult to discern which software version one's car actually has ?
Is this some big secret? 'They' are making this out to be the modern equivalent of the WWII 'Enigma Machine' :eek::D

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I'm under the impression that the version number is provided to the dealership only as a general guideline, you know the keep it simple stupid scenario. So the dealership is given as example version 10.6 which has a number of subsections pertaining to say Nav or Iris etc. These subsections will then have the different software versions as noted in the pictures provided by Whoopsy, now this is only my interpretation which makes sense yet not confirmed. It would be nice if the had like a title page section that would clearly state the current version 10. whatever, followed by the subsections. They do like to make things difficult for us consumers don't they, so much for the keep it simple stupid. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Other than the Navigation we have the same versions on the other stuff.

Just judging by numbers, it seems like my Navi Software is a tad newer or maybe it was just the region difference.

I assumed your car had the 2013 power update but not the newest 10.6?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I'm under the impression that the version number is provided to the dealership only as a general guideline, you know the keep it simple stupid scenario. So the dealership is given as example version 10.6 which has a number of subsections pertaining to say Nav or Iris etc. These subsections will then have the different software versions as noted in the pictures provided by Whoopsy, now this is only my interpretation which makes sense yet not confirmed. It would be nice if the had like a title page section that would clearly state the current version 10. whatever, followed by the subsections. They do like to make things difficult for us consumers don't they, so much for the keep it simple stupid. Cheers.....??
Well I was right in my access meant noted above and confirmed by the head tech at my dealership. Yeeee Haaaa

·
Registered
964 Posts
Other than the Navigation we have the same versions on the other stuff.

Just judging by numbers, it seems like my Navi Software is a tad newer or maybe it was just the region difference.

I assumed your car had the 2013 power update but not the newest 10.6?
Yes, the 2013 updates were done last month..
I'll give the dealer a call and see if they have the latest sat-nav version and take a look at my drivers door which is harder to close than ever before!!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I'll give the dealer a call and see if they have the latest sat-nav version and take a look at my drivers door which is harder to close than ever before!!
The sat-nav update is available on the version 10.6, as for the door are you sure it's the actual door and not a figment of your imagination. Or maybe a it could have something to do with fatigue from a long evening out at the local pub.Lol......

·
Registered
862 Posts
I've got a theory about the doors .... All of us in the northern hemisphere have had winter for the last few months (admittedly colder for some), colder temperatures mean firmer door seals and hence harder to close?

I also thought the doors were harder to close post upgrade ( which coincided with the coolest time of the year here), bitched and moaned to the dealer and eventually had a visiting tech from MTC take a look. He declared everything normal. Since then, temperatures have risen maybe 10 deg C ...... And the doors have become easier to close!

Just my theory, feel free to shoot holes in it.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I've got a theory about the doors .... All of us in the northern hemisphere have had winter for the last few months (admittedly colder for some), colder temperatures mean firmer door seals and hence harder to close?

I also thought the doors were harder to close post upgrade ( which coincided with the coolest time of the year here), bitched and moaned to the dealer and eventually had a visiting tech from MTC take a look. He declared everything normal. Since then, temperatures have risen maybe 10 deg C ...... And the doors have become easier to close!

Just my theory, feel free to shoot holes in it.
You know Jerry that's sounds like a pretty smart theory, and makes a lot of sense. Two thumbs up. ??

1 - 20 of 101 Posts