McLaren Life banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

Realized I should probably connect with more McLaren owners. I'm in HB and may or may not sell the car but in the meantime, what's up everyone? Last time I was on a car forum like this it was for my 2001 LS1 Camaro SS and I was in High School, I'm 39 now.

2020 McLaren 720S Spider, 17.5k miles, mods include:

BBI/M-Engineering did the stage 3 turbo package, titanium exhaust (no cats), running E30...I genuinely get the shakes during WOT.
1016 forged carbon body kit
Custom upholstery (seats and steering wheel)
Novitec lowering springs
VIP Modular did the carbon barrel wheels and face design, running PS4S'
...I think that's it but not really remembering, I've lost track

I don't understand how people keep their cars stock, but that's just me. I track cars, just not this one...seems like a bad idea as there are usually 2 totaled McLarens by the end of a track day anytime I go, let alone the insurance fiasco that would await. I have taken it on a long car rally, ran like a champ and pretty damn comfortable for an exotic if you ask me.

Anyway, howdy. How do I look for meet ups and what not?
Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Car
Vehicle Car Blue Automotive design Steering wheel
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Car Vehicle Blue Automotive design Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Here she is in all her glory...

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I need to give that a few more efforts. I have done one run using the racebox mini at 4.6, but cold tires and cold night on PS4S tires. Should be fine getting under 4.5 with a solid run. Launch control is pretty gnarly, tried a second time and the car just has a really tough time hooking up, traction control loses it's mind trying to keep traction.

What's this car doing 60-130?
[/QUOTE]

interesting wheels.

What's this car doing 60-130?
[/QUOTE]

· Owner
1,291 Posts
You must track with a bunch of idiots. These cars are easy to drive fast. I track mine regularly and never had an issue. However, I have been an instructor for over 25 years and most of these guys shouldn't be let loose in a Miata that is running on 3 cylinders...... let alone 700hp!

Anyway...... welcome and enjoy the 720!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts