McLaren Life banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is there one? If not should we start one?
I don't believe there is a Vegas Mclaren club. It certainly helps to have the support of the local dealership. San Diego recently started a club that has been very successful. I believe they had support from O'Gara in San Diego (as well as a great organizing member.). Unfortunately, there is no dealership in Vegas.... yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lets start one.

How many other owners do you know here?

I started the first Las Vegas Viper club in 1994, with Jerry Muench. By 1998, we hosted the national meeting here

It does not take a lot of work

Steve

·
Registered
2020 600LT Spider
14 Posts
Not any official place that I know. For anything that isn’t simple like tires, breaks, and fluids, I send my car to LA or Sunnyvale in CA to service it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is so disappointing.

So every time the check engine light comes on, I need to ship to California?

·
Registered
2020 600LT Spider
14 Posts
I never got a engine check light, tho once a year at least I ship for them to do the yearly service. And for the next time I’ll take the time for a track day in Laguna Seca.

if someone share a certified place for servicing here, that will be handy, because I don’t want to mess with the warranty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's at least comforting. What year is your car and how many miles? I don't have a warranty as I have a 650s

·
Registered
2020 600LT Spider
14 Posts
The 600LT is about to do it’s first year. But I did a track service around Nov, so I don’t need to do ir right now.

Without warranty you should not worry to send to the a certified McLaren, usually they are more expensive than others according to other posts here.

Are you planning to track it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am not sure yet. Probably not with the track. So is it possible to buy an extended warranty?

·
Registered
2020 600LT Spider
14 Posts
It worth to ask a service center, specially if you plan to track it. If you will just cruise/daily, you are probably good without it.

it will depends on how many miles and if the powertrain is stock.

did you bought that blue 650s that was selling in the Aston Martin store?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its stock. No I bought from a private party. Flew to Houston yeterday and purchased it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Vegas Auto Gallery's shop has the needed scan tool for check engine lights and the tech there has done a lot of Mclaren work.
Havent had work done personally there but checked out the shop when I sold them a car a few months ago.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There have long been rumors of a Mclaren Dealership opening in Las Vegas. Mclaren in Newport beach was rumored to be very close to starting a location in 2020. Then Covid hit. Hopefully, as covid/economic situation in vegas turns positive we can welcome a dealer in Las Vegas. Anyhow, I would be interested in a club.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts